At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for an operationally minded individual focused on creating an unforgettable customer experience at the New York City Airports. You will be responsible for the holistic curbside performance of on-the-ground staff, building relationships with the airport traffic team, & overseeing the day to day operations of Lyfts Fast Match product all while ensuring world class customer service.
Your day-to-day will be focused on delivering a smooth operation by monitoring & maintaining curbside efficiency. This means facilitating traffic management, being a face for Lyft, & leading by example.
- Act as a field representative of Lyft to airport authorities when on the ground, effectively managing & maintaining relationships with all airport parties (traffic agents, ground transportation managers, etc)
- Assist in recruiting & coaching curbside team members, creating & updating schedules
- Hold 10-15 curbside staff members to Lyft SLAs
- Ensure field operations run smoothly by assisting field team where breakpoints exist
- Attend weekly team leads meetings, & provide insight on field-operations, feedback on curbside team members, escalating wins, challenges & issues to appropriate stakeholders
- Monitor & collect data on airport field operations as needed, be able to interpret, understand, & appropriately act on data surfaced through analytics dashboards
- Assist in the development of field operations playbook & processes
- Need to able to be curbside (outside) at the airport & on feet for 8 hours/day as well as work in the Manhattan office up to 5 hours/week
- 2-3+ years of experience in customer service, retail or vehicle operations
- Experience managing teams
- Experience working remotely
- Possess an understanding of the ridesharing industry generally & Lyft specifically
- Accountable self-starter with excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, & problem solving capabilities
- Extremely strong communicator
- Adaptable to fluid environments
- Ability to foresee challenges & make quick pivots
- Ability to remain calm & collected in the face of disruption
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, especially evenings & weekends
- Fluent in the Google product suite (Sheets, Docs, etc.)
- Plus: Experience with data visualization
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.