Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, truly disrupting cash & check based payments.
Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFATM World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy.
The ConsumerProduct Architectureorganization at Visa team imagines & builds the APIs & services that power the next generation of digital-firstVisa account products. Accounts who's features, rewards & benefits evolve with the life stages & financial needs of card holders. We also power alerts services & personal card controls that empower visa cardholders to dynamically manage their transactions & where their accounts can be used.
Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
As the Senior Director of theAPI Strategy andArchitecture team, you will lead a product initiative to enable international fintechs, leading-edge banks & emerging market mobile wallets to createnext generation payment products backed by Visa card accounts.
You will lead a teamthat combines expertise across multiple domains including modern, developer-friendly api design, bank/credit program management & tokenized digital card processing. Your solutions stacks will integrate components both new & existingAPIsfrom across Visa. As well, you will be designing an open framework to allow partner platforms to provide important processing, settlement & other supporting services. Furthermore, you will need to design a scalable platform that can be effectively commercialize across many geographies, allowing for local regulatory & payment market dynamics.In addition, you will also lead internal product transformation at Visa to offer seamless, interoperable, & integrated Visa products.
You will be comfortable defining & leading a product development process that suits the problems to be solved (Agile, Lean, user-centered design etc). You will be testing assumptions, resolving uncertainties & establishing strong product-market fit. This process will include early prototyping & gathering continuous iterative feedback from prospective clients, stakeholders & solution partners.
You will be managing both a direct product team as well as an extended tiger team of contributing product owners from other business units across Visa. When successful, you will be creating win-win opportunities to significantly grow Visa's extended digital & processing businesses as well
You have a product ownership attitude,technical knowhow,and be ready to do whatever it takes to integrate teams together for product launch & support. You are curious, not afraid of problems or domain areas you don't know the answers to yet.
- Curious problem solver with a solution-oriented mindset
- Empathetic, kind, & mindful of not just your perspective but also what matters to customers, stakeholders & partner teams
- Leadership skills in mentoring & developing a diverse product team
- Passionate about getting things done & shipping product
- Opinionated about good software service development methodologies, developer engagement & modern,RESTfulAPI architectures
- Well versed in distributed systems design, developer experience, API usability, & performance concerns
- Experience adapting development methodologies appropriate to different stages/maturities of a product's lifecycle
- Willingness to travel internationally, up to 25%
- Strong influence, advocacy & communication skills required as you will be interacting regularly with executive leadership across Visa as externally with clients & partners
- Technical Degree in CS/Engineering or demonstrated equivalent technical expertise through past experience
- Experience with issuer card processing a plus
- Familiar with the level of security, privacy, compliance & associated risk-management considerations required to build highly trustworthy & reliable internet-based financial applications
- Excited to work onAPIsand services that could enable global financial inclusion & more convenient, reliable payment services for hundreds of millions of people around the world
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15-18 years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- At least 8+ years product development experiencein digital and/or financial services
- Systematic, detail-oriented mindset & strong at planning. Able to track, manage & coordinate the effective go-to-market progress of multiple solutionsat multiple lifecycle stages across multiple markets
- Experienced in the commercialization & management of API-basedproducts
- You have ledglobal expansion or launch of multi-nationaldigital services
- Subject matter expertise on globalfintech trends & players is an asset
- Effective & empathic communicator in any context fromexecutive boardroomto technical war room environments
- Open to global travel up to once per month
- Recognized as a effectiveteam leader & as mentor for junior talent
Travel Requirements: Less than 20%
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.