We are looking for a Senior Manager, Accounting, to join our Global Accounting team in New York, to support Vimeos growth by ensuring timely & accurate financial reporting & a strong & sustainable internal control environment. The primary responsibilities include managing, reviewing, & ensuring the integrity of the financial statements for the companys operations. You will be a key member of the accounting team, working closely with the Director, Accounting Operations & collaborating with internal business partners across the company, including Treasury, Marketing, Hosting, & Legal, to build successful relationships & meet mutual objectives.
What youll do:
- Oversee & coordinate month-end closing activities, including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations, & flux analyses.
- Provide strategic & day-to-day management of the general accounting function, working with the Director, Accounting Operations.
- Analyze actual results against forecast, prior quarters, & prior years & provide succinct variance explanations to support the monthly financial results meeting.
- Develop processes/systems to drive efficiencies & measure, evaluate, & improve departmental & individual productivity.
- Maintain & enhance SOX-appropriate control environment by adhering to requirements, updating documentation, & providing recommendations as appropriate.
- Optimize the accounting organizations capabilities by assessing talent, coaching & mentoring team members, & developing the most effective team structure.
- Apply technical accounting expertise to ensure compliance with & efficient application of U.S. GAAP.
- Respond to interim review & year-end audit requests from internal & external auditors as part of the financial reporting process.
- Review contracts & other transactions for appropriate accounting treatment.
- Implement processes & document controls to ensure a SOX-compliant internal control environment.
- Perform ad hoc reporting & other analyses, as requested.
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 10+ years of related industry experience in a Corporate Accounting or General Ledger Accounting role.
- 3+ years leading, managing, & developing a team, demonstrating the ability to create & promote a positive & supportive work environment.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting; CPA required.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
- Familiarity with lease accounting under ASC 842.
- Knowledge of SOX requirements & internal control best practices.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills to establish & maintain collaborative work relationships.
- Passion for process or system enhancements & operational excellence.
- Oracle Cloud Fusion & BlackLine experience preferred.
- Analytical & detail-oriented to accurately present management reports & provide sound recommendations.
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the worlds leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, & organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate & communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 260 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse & global community. Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity, & inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, & strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs