Refinery29 is the leading media & entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 425 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, & live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration & tools to discover & pursue a more independent, stylish, & informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com/en-us, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, https://www.refinery29.com/en-gb, & https://www.refinery29.com/de-de for more information & to browse content.
About the team:
We strive to be a diverse team & place great emphasis on respect, collaboration, & communication. We value knowledge sharing & being the tide that lifts all boats. We genuinely enjoy our work! Its exciting to ship code whose impact reaches our audience & to build tools that directly help our authors connect with our readers.
What Makes an R29er?
You have commitment & passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, & claim their power & realize their infinite potential. You are a magic maker who sees possibility & turns dreams into reality.
What youll do:
- Automate everything: rapid deployment, scaling, monitoring & troubleshooting
- Create & execute forward-looking technology roadmap
- Keep up with industry trends to ensure we are using the best tools & services
- Own & improve our integration, deployment & monitoring story
- Work closely with developers to solve systems problems
- Contribute daily to our code base
- Respond to PagerDuty notifications as part of a rotation
- Help build a great company
What you have:
- Experience serving web applications from Linux
- Knowledge of Python & Bash scripting
- Experience with Ansible, Jenkins or other CI & deployment tools
- Experience with AWS hosting is a plus
- Experience with WordPress is a plus
- Strong communication skills to explain challenging coding problems & best practices
- Interest in leveraging your knowledge to shape our rapidly growing codebases
- Youd like to help cultivate an inclusive, positive work environment with a team that trusts each other
To be successful here:
- You are a self-starter who is proactive when solving challenges
- You are a great mentor & teammate
- You care about code quality & writing highly performant, maintainable, scalable software