Vox Media is the leading independent modern media company. Known for building the best media brands & the technology that enables them, we are committed to building a better future for the industry & getting the future of media right. Vox Medias editorial networks include Vox, The Verge, SB Nation, Eater, Polygon, Recode, & Curbed. Our diverse storytelling & advertising businesses include the Concert publisher-led marketplace, the Vox Creative brand studio, the Chorus publishing platform, & the companys entertainment division Vox Media Studios, which includes the Vox Media Podcast Network & Epic.
Vox Media Studios is looking for (Office) Production Assistant for a premium food & travel series by Eater, a show that's much more than a Top 10 Listicle or Best Of Roundup show. This unhosted series will highlight the food, people, & places in these parts of the world, with sweeping cinematic & hyper-energized visuals, traveling to cities telling stories through a specific lens & adventure. This production assistant will support both office & field teams throughout the length of our production.
The job is full-time & in-house for 27 weeks, based in New York City.
What Youll Do:
- General office support to the production team
- Running Errands (buying expendables, finding props, getting lunch, etc.)
- Setup & breakdown of gear for shoots
What Youll Bring:
- Focused & persistent: must be able to take on multiple projects & see them through completion
- Strong communication skills: must be able to keep all team members updated on project status
- Able to take direction & work with a team as well as working independently
- Highly organized: must be detail oriented
- Good time management skills, able to prioritize tasks & complete assignments within strict deadlines
- Ability to work long hours, nights & weekends as needed
- Must have their own laptop & drivers license.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Canon c100, c200, & c300 cameras & DSLR
- Prior experience with grip & lighting
Candidates should complete the Greenhouse application, including a resume.
Please submit your application before November 18
About working at Vox Media: You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.