Squarespace is looking for an experienced securities, corporate governance & corporate transactions attorney to join our Legal team. As a key part of our team, you will provide legal counsel in connection with a range of corporate activities, including financing arrangements, capital markets transactions & other strategic transactions. You will also provide legal advice & support with respect to stock plans, investor relations, shareholder outreach & governance matters & procedures.
You will report into our Senior Counsel & is based in our New York City headquarters.
At this time, all Squarespace employees are working remotely until June 2021. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if & when it is safe to return to our offices.
- Advise on securities law & capital markets matters, including governance trends, proxy advisor trends, SOX compliance, stock exchange rules and reporting requirements
- Work with Finance, Human Resources, Investor Relations & Communications teams on external communications, such as earnings releases & press releases
- Oversee relevant company policies for compliance & risk management, including insider trading, related party transactions, stock ownership & conflicts of interest, among other things
- Help with corporate secretarial matters, including the preparation of Board & Committee materials, D&O questionnaires & new director onboarding
- Participate in M&A, financings & other strategic transactions, & oversee credit facilities compliance
- Help with equity plan documents & equity plan administration matters
- Maintain inter-company agreements & advise on corporate structure matters, including participation in forming & unwinding of corporate entities & general subsidiary management
- Provide practical legal advice & support on a variety of topics, including real estate & facilities matters, insurance & litigation
- A minimum of 6 years experience; a combination of law firm & in-house experience
- Experience with executive compensation matters is a plus
- Experience with real estate matters is a plus
- Experience managing & leading diverse groups of stakeholders & corporate & securities matter
- Organized & diligent with a high attention to detail & a commitment to operational execution
- Strong team player with an interest in learning new areas of law & business & a willingness to take on additional responsibilities Admitted to & in good standing with at least one state bar