Vox Media employees thrive on innovation & change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, & improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology & the world around them. Vox Medias networks & businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, & the Vox Media Podcast Network.
Vox is looking for a Showrunner with unscripted TV & journalism experience to help us create a new show with YouTube that will take the biggest questions in the news & show what the very best evidence has to say about them. This project will be unique in that episodes will be centered around questions sourced from members of our large video audience, & theyll be involved throughout the investigation. Our journalists will take the audience on a tour of what we know, how we know it, what the best counter-arguments are, & what we can honestly conclude. Qualified candidates will be deeply invested in data-driven & explanatory journalism & have experience with correspondent-driven storytelling. Experience with YouTube, Reality TV and/or entertainment experience are big plusses.
What you'll do:
- Lead & evangelize editorial vision for the show
- Work with stakeholders on budget & production expectations for inaugural season
- Work with Vox & YouTube leadership to hire a staff of producers & talent
- Field pitches from show team & work with stakeholders to create programming
- Directly supervise story editor, hosts, producers & post-production
- Manage show team to deliver episodes on a production schedule
What you'll bring:
- 3+ years experience working in a fast-paced broadcast or video environment
- Experience booking & working with talent
- Experience with & enthusiasm for crowdsourcing & the YouTube community
- Experience with show production & working with multiple stakeholders
- Deep familiarity with Voxs video voice & style
- Understanding of what makes a great video & excitement about the role of video in the future of journalism
- Creative drive to explore brand new approaches to video storytelling
- Awareness of what competitors are doing in video
If this sounds like you, please send us a resume & cover letter. In your letter, please include at least 3 links to your past work (journalistic and/or educational examples preferred), & describe your role in the production of the piece.
Vox.com launched in April 2014. The video team has grown to over 30 people & made a name for Vox as one of the leaders in informative web videos. We publish on our YouTube channel, Facebook, Vox.com, & Netflix, creating videos both independently & in collaboration with the larger vox.com staff. As we grow, well need help ensuring a consistent & high standard of quality so that our audience can be assured that theyre getting impeccable research along with stylish, beautiful presentation.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.