Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, & team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, & New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, & it starts right here at Gusto. Thats why were committed to building a collaborative & inclusive workplace, both physically & virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
As a People Platform, were constantly seeking ways to deliver thoughtful benefits programs for our own employees. We are searching for a Benefits Analyst to help lead the administration of Gustos benefits programs. You will also help the Benefits team scale to new locations, expand our program offerings, & maintain a benefits experience that supports & delights all current & future employees.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Heres what youll do day-to-day:
- Project manage onboarding of new benefits + perks vendors
- Be the benefits guru for our employees. Provide expertise thorough answering tickets, emails, & updating internal resources
- Spearhead management of open enrollment, to employee communication & events to building plans in Workday
- Maintain employee benefit records with accuracy & confidentiality
- Manage daily activities around integrations including troubleshooting data, file failures, error handling & general issue resolution
- Partner with the Business Technology team to:
- Guide & own projects regarding system requirements, benefit tickets, & testing in Workday & other systems
- Resolve benefits-related system issues & propose process improvements for benefits administration
- Own compliance projects, including ACA, non-discrimination testing, & SF HealthCare Ordinance
- Partner with other team members to deliver new hire benefits sessions
Heres what we're looking for:
- 1+ year of experience administering self-funded health plans required
- Experience managing large vendor onboarding processes
- Knowledge of global benefits, accommodations & leave of absence a plus
- Creativity & focus on process: youre constantly looking for ways to make things work more efficiently
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, with an appropriate blend of professionalism & Gustiness
- Technical acumen & ability to learn systems quickly; HRIS administration experience a strong plus
- Incredible organizational skills; superb attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills, a proven ability to execute processes, & a flexible approach to problem-solving, even in the face of ambiguity
- Ability to shift priorities based on the current business needs & to make progress in a timely manner on multiple, concurrent projects
- Discretion & judgment handling confidential & sensitive data
- Ability to be a team player; adept at working with multiple people at any given time
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $64,000 - $94,000 in Denver & most remote locations, & $80,000 - $114,000 for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience & expertise & may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life & so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values & our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.