As a working student who is part of the Data Foundation team at HelloFresh, you will contribute to the growth of our self-serve data platform, which provides the tooling supporting the establishment of HelloFresh data mesh architecture. You will be joining a diverse data engineering team, in a growing data organization, with a lot of opportunities for professional growth.
The purpose of Data Foundation is to provide self service products helping other data teams in focusing on delivering value. By joining us, you will learn how to deliver cloud-native software as a service, covering topics such as:
- Data ingestion, providing a service approach to different ingestions mechanisms into our corporate Data Lake/DWH
- Data transformation, providing to analytics teams a baseline of data transformation tools allowing them to focus on their business domains
What you'll do
- You will take ownership of the development of small features for our products, while becoming familiar with software development processes typical of a medium-sized, face-paced company
- As part of the daily routine of a modern team driven by an agile process, you will also have the opportunity to collaborate on spike investigations, fix small bugs, help in identifying improvements, analyse requirements, etc.
- You will also contribute to answer the ongoing support requests or solve regular unplanned tasks such as potential access opening to data assets, answering technical questions related to our tools usage, helping the team onboarding new stakeholders, etc.
- You are dependable, autonomous, give attention to details & care about the stakeholder experience
- You are a natural team player & dont hesitate to ask questions while challenging yourself in the course of your working activities
What you'll bring
- You are currently studying Computer Science in a Master degree
- Familiarity with Python
- Proven interest in topics related to Data Engineering
- Available for >= 15h/week
- Ideally you have previous work experience in professional software project
What we offer
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning & development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes (remote since March 2020)
- A diverse & vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europes vibrant tech hub, Berlin, weve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our Engineering, Data, Product & Security teams are located in Berlin & New York & are critical to what we do. From procurement tools to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services & add-on upselling features, we work on a wide variety of challenging problems. The result is a high output where we constantly build & release features & engines that make our business thrive, allowing us to deliver real financial impact.
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart & soul of our diverse, fast-paced & dynamic environment where innovation & smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations & earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this & get back to you within 5 business days.
For insight into our interview process take a look at our recent post here.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace & welcome diversity & we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply & will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer everyone is welcome at our table.