As a Senior Solutions Engineer, you will be the primary technical resource for our Enterprise Accounts team. You will share your product & technical expertise through presentations, product demonstrations, & technical evaluations (Proof Of Values). As the technical expert, you will work with clients to understand their requirements & pain points, then design the right solution for their business needs. During the sales cycle you will guide clients through trials & POVs, demonstrating Sumo Logics ability to meet & exceed their requirements & building a positive relationship that will provide continuous value to our customers. Finally, you will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with our Product Management & Engineering teams to share your knowledge & experiences to ultimately improve our business & our customers success.
We seek talent who wants to leverage their technical & people skills to help deliver solutions to clients directly & become a trusted advisor in the process. Above all else, you should be highly self-motivated & extremely curious to learn more Sumo Logic & the vast problems that it can solve.
- Partner with the Account Executives / Account Managers to understand customer challenges & mains, & articulate Sumo Logics value proposition, vision, & strategy to customers
- Technically close complex opportunities through advanced competitive knowledge, technical skill, & credibility
- Understand & help orchestrate all phases of the sales cycle, including leading technical validations during the Proof of Value phase
- Be successful working with all levels of an organization, from executives down to individual developers & Site Reliability Engineers
- Deliver product & technical demonstrations of the Sumo Logic service
- Work cross functionally with Product Management & Engineering to improve the Sumo Logic service based on your experience with customers
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (preferred)
- 4+ years as a Solutions Engineer (preferred), Solutions Architect (preferred), Sales Engineer (preferred), Implementation Consultant, Support Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, or a Software Developer with experience leading projects and/or working with customers
- Hands on knowledge of Security related products, technologies, & sources such as IDS/IPS, SIEM/Log Management, Network / Endpoint Security, Threat Detection, Incident Response, MSSP/MDR, Threat Feeds, CASB, etc
- Experience with open source collections (Telegraf, FluentBit, FluentD, Open Telemetry, etc.) (preferred)
- Experience with leading & running technical validations like Proof of Value (preferred)
- Experience selling & working with pure SaaS solutions in multi-tenant architectures
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure (certification is preferred)
- A broad background & understanding of technical infrastructure (servers, networking devices, storage, etc.)
- Modern application architecture (micro-services, containers) understanding & experience working with Kubernetes, Docker, and/or Lambda (preferred)
- Experience with various monitoring tools like Splunk, Datadog, Elastic, New Relic, etc. (preferred)
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced startup environment & experience at a successful startup (preferred)
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, as well as business & technical acumen
Sumo Logic is the pioneer in continuous intelligence, a new category of software, which enables organizations of all sizes to address the data challenges & opportunities presented by digital transformation, modern applications, & cloud computing. The Sumo Logic Continuous Intelligence Platform automates the collection, ingestion, & analysis of application, infrastructure, security, & IoT data to derive actionable insights within seconds. More than 2,100 customers rely on Sumo Logic to build, run, & secure their modern applications & cloud infrastructures. Only Sumo Logic delivers its platform as a true, multi-tenant SaaS architecture, across multiple use-cases, enabling businesses to thrive in the Intelligence Economy.