Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate high performing team players who can take new challenges & go the extra mile.
The Sr. Manager, OD will work with teams globally across the organization. The ideal candidate for this position will be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This position reports to the Sr. Director of People & drives DOs Performance Management, Individual Development & Talent Review processes. This includes providing training, enhancing the capabilities of HR & managers, & ownership for & optimization of all Talent Systems & Talent data. In addition, this role has responsibility for projects & systems related to building our leadership pipelines including Individual Development Planning, Career Development, Assessment processes & Executive coaching & Development, with a significant emphasis on our Top Talent & General Management pipeline.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Managing annual performance management process
- Partnering with business unit & HR team to facilitate adoption & effective execution of processes
- Continuously improve employee & manager support materials for processes & technology
- Managing roll out of programs to improve capabilities in talent management & development (for HR, managers, & employees)
- Establish strategy & framework for new hire onboarding & training
- Manage projects to enhance standard processes, training, tools & support metrics to influence continuous improvement of process design & use of technology
- Lead annual Talent Review process & quarterly updates with the purpose of developing a robust leadership pipeline including:
- Partnering with HR teams to facilitate talent review process
- Partner with Talent Sr. Director to develop quarterly Talent Review presentations for the Executive Leadership Team
- Lead Top Talent development & tracking processes
- Lead internal career development & internal staffing processes & metrics
- Lead Talent analytics & scorecarding process & reporting to provide insight & direction for key Talent & Development initiatives.
- Provide development coaching for leaders & teams (e.g., 360-degree feedback, development planning, new manager training)
- Partner with Sr. Director of Talent to develop General management career path, competencies & internal pipeline. Support internal staffing & development processes to build our General Management pipeline.
- Own our Team Effectiveness process, updating tools & materials to adapt to a more flexible, virtual workplace. Provide coaching to HRBPs & evolve the tools & training to address changing needs of our managers & teams.
What Well Expect From You:
- Masters Degree or higher in, OD or related field, strongly preferred.
- 12 + years experience in the following areas : Leading Talent Management & Development programming; Large scale project & process leadership & execution
- 10 years of Management experience
- Experience in analyzing & presenting data to support decision making.
- Experience working with employees in multiple sites, preferably in multiple countries.
- Project & Program Management Skills
- Verbal/Written Communication & Presentation/ Facilitation Skills
- Feedback & Coaching Skills
- Experience & training in contemporary Assessment practices
- Team effectiveness experience a plus
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships & influence across matrix reporting lines & functions
- Knowledge of Talent Management to include: Performance Management/Development, Talent Review & Succession Planning, Executive Development & Assessment processes
- Proficient in Google Suite & Talent Management Applications
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company event, Shark Week, to get quality time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs..
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
**This position may be done in NYC or Remote (but not in CO due to local CO job posting requirements)
Want to learn more about our People team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!