Content Marketing Associate - Nashville, TN
Our Content Marketing Associate will curate & document music-driven content created across our library of applications. This content will highlight the creativity, passion, & talent of the global Smule community. Our associate will have a broad musical knowledge with a focus on current & past popular music, & an understanding of ethnographic music trends. As well, they will have data analysis experience, an understanding of basic machine learning concepts, & knowledge of user-focused marketing. The position will require the ability to quickly learn & adapt to broad changes in user behaviour both at Smule & within the greater mobile environment. The Content Marketing Associate is an exciting position that requires creativity, adaptability, the ability to problem solve, attention to detail, & a strong musical ear.
- Report to the Senior Content Marketing Manager & work with them to design, track, & prioritize content curation projects from beginning to end including testing & insights development.
- Leverage your musical & content expertise to discover & recommend Smule content for a variety of marketing & product initiatives that resonates with both broad & specific audiences.
- Work with internal groups across the Smule Marketing team to develop, launch, & analyze the efficacy of external promotional creatives.
- Work with internal & external clients to design & regularly update curated musical performance playlists.
- Research, test, & iterate on demographic-specific content curation strategies that aim to optimize engagement & retention.
- Drive improvements to both manual & automated content curation techniques.
- Accurately track project & asset specifics to facilitate future insights generation & future project development.
- You have an excellent sense for captivating music-driven content.
- You love creating music playlists, no matter what media they exist on.
- You have fluency with musical genres & forms from around the world both past & present; you can accurately identify musical formal segmentations.
- You have an understanding of digital audio & digital musical notation formats like MIDI.
- You have strong organizational skills to manage & track the details of multiple projects without losing sight of high-level priorities.
- You can communicate clearly & appropriately with contributors & stakeholders who come from a variety of backgrounds & have various proficiencies.
- You are a self-starter with a keen eye for detail & an ability to balance creative & analytical thinking in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- You have experience working in mobile apps with an understanding of engaging an audience through & around a mobile platform.
- You have experience with data analysis, SQL, Google Sheets, & Microsoft Office.
- You have experience with project management tools (primarily Atlassian Confluence & Jira).
- You understand best practices for social, digital, user acquisition, content, & channel marketing.
- You have some college experience (a Bachelors degree or equivalent is preferred but not required).