As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We are developing & executing a shared strategic vision for Business Solutions Data Servicesplatforms & products that enable Visa to be the world-leading data-driven payments company. As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be part of a world-class team of Engineers to define, drive & execute on this vision. We are looking for a self-motivated individual with software engineering skills & expertise with Big Data systems integration & technologies. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, development, testing, & documentation. Candidate must be flexible & willing to switch tasks based on team's needs.
- Design & develop mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability & performance.
- Work on development of new products & enhancements to existing systems iteratively by building quick POCs & converting ideas into real products
- Work closely with architects, business & technical stakeholders to develop high quality products & services that meet business requirements & expectations while applying the latest available tools & technology
- Instill best practices for software development, & deliver high quality work on tight schedules.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements & refinements to standards & processes
- Mentor junior team members, develop departmental procedures & best practices standards
- Coordinate Continuous Integration activities, testing automation frameworks, & other related items in addition to contributing core product code
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, & features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, & risks in a precise & timely manner
Bachelor degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 8years of software development experience (with a concentration in data centric initiatives), with demonstrated expertise in leveraging standard development best practice methodologies
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years of experience in building large-scale applications using open source technologies. Design & coding skills with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Hive, HBase & Map Reduce
- Minimum of 4 years of hands-on expertise with Java orScala
- Experience with highly distributed, scalable, concurrent & low latency systems working with one or more of the following database technologies: DB2, MySQL & NoSQL data warehouses such as HBase
- Deep knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Deep knowledge of all DW-related components (Sourcing, ETL, Data Modeling, Infrastructure, BI, Reporting, Data Visualization, Predictive Analytics) & multiple tools to support those components
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms & software design optimized for building highly distributed & parallelized systems
- Experience with Agile & DevOps methodologies
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills with a strong automation mindset
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Good written & verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate the logic & implementation plan to team members & managers
- Quick learner; self-starter, detailed & thorough
- Payment processing background is a big plus.