Via is changing the way the world moves, & as a Public Relations Associate, you will play a meaningful role in telling the stories that demonstrate the impact of technology-driven transit solutions. You will be a conductor for the voice for our 200+ partners & millions of riders around the globe in the press, spreading the messages of equity, access, sustainability, & resilience. You are at the center of whats happening at Via, with visibility & insight into newsworthy launches, big announcements, & ongoing growth efforts. As part of Vias marketing team & under the leadership of the PR Principal, you will have the opportunity to work with marketing specialists, designers, copywriters, & brand marketers as we continue to differentiate the Via brand, & communicate the benefits of TransitTech.
What You'll Do:
- Take a leading role in the coordination of global partner launch announcements & events, under the management of the PR Principal.
- Draft press releases, pitches, & messaging to support partner launch efforts, all while accurately conveying the Via brand.
- Maintain regular communication with Via partnership leads to identify priority launch markets
- Liaise closely with Via Rider Growth & Partner Success teams to uncover opportunities for PR to partner on marketing efforts post launch.
- Draft & post social media content (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) related to press announcements & top media placements.
- Work with & support the PR Principal to craft compelling stories & pitches about Vias business & point-of-differentiation in the marketplace.
- Regularly manage & maintain team media lists, with ongoing audit of whos who in the tech, transit, & logistics landscape.
- Responsible for daily media monitoring & reporting.
- Draft monthly Via in the News coverage reports for global employees & investors.
Who You Are:
- Deep understanding of the media landscape, with technology, trade, & business preferred.
- Personal experience developing pitches & securing top-tier press coverage.
- Creative thinker who can develop out-of-the box solutions & storylines.
- Strong communicator, who is able to adapt their level of detail depending on the audience.
- Passion for founder-led companies, & playing a meaningful role in the companys growth.
- Independent, organized, & self-starter who is comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility.
- Humble, low ego, team player.
- Prior experience in public relations or communications, either at an agency or in-house.
- 3+ years of experience in public relations is preferred.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Stories speak for themselves. Media coverage & writing samples that stand out.
- Strong communication skills-- whether to reporters, internal parties, or Vias partner teams around the globe.
- Confident, human writers. We will help you through the process, but were looking for someone who can churn out a solid first draft.
Were Via, & we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, & provides everyone with accessible, efficient, & affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities & transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, & operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Were committed to building & nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, & voices are welcomed & celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?