About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors & built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable & high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. Weve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - & we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build & scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
The Manager, Supply Chain is responsible for executing & scaling Rent the Runways transportation network strategy. In this role, you will be responsible for engaging multiple business partners both internal & external to ensure best in class customer experience across multiple carriers & distribution centers.
Execute RTRs national transportation strategy:
- Implement outbound, inbound & internal shipping strategies in partnership with operations & supply chain leadership, ensuring all programs meet rigorous standards for customer experience, financial performance & operational efficiency.
- Build working relationships with operational counterparts at each carrier, acting as primary point of contact with the goal of driving continuous improvement along with maximum flexibility & responsiveness in the event of the unexpected.
- Conduct weekly quality calls with carriers to discuss delivery performance, exceptions & timeliness of arrival & dispatch, resulting in concrete, measurable, action plans.
- Onboard & offboard carriers from network as applicable, negotiate pricing & manage compliance with performance standards, reporting & other obligations.
- Determine & execute emergency recovery strategies as necessary in response to natural disasters, warehouse outages or other disruptions.
- Act as primary contact for retail & CX teams to ensure that the transportation strategy is meeting their needs & they are complying with all policies.
Lead transportation support for RTRs pickup & dropoff network:
- Partner with internal & external stakeholders to scale RTRs network of physical drop off & pickup locations, including optimizing transportation strategy in each market, building process to address common support requests & developing a playbook for the launch of new markets & locations.
- Own day-to-day transportation operations for each location & delivery service provider with responsibility for all customer service & financial KPIs; travel as required in connection with the launch of new markets & / or addressing issues in existing markets.
- Offer timely support to account management team on transportation-related escalations.
Develop transportation performance reporting into a strategic advantage:
- Own performance reporting for RTRs parcel, final mile, internal, drop box & other networks, working with RTR & third-party resources to drive toward the most accurate, actionable view of customer delivery experience.
- Partner with transportation analytics & other stakeholders on the development of shrinkage & cost reporting in connection with the drop box & internal retail networks
Bring a leadership mindset to a high-growth environment:
- Create leverage for the supply chain team through the design & implementation of a comprehensive dock clerk training program including SOPs, metrics & processes for evaluating progress.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of all processes & policies.
- Be patient, have strong communication skills & the capability of giving & receiving effective feedback including training & development of hourly associates.
- Lead teams through change & embrace continuous improvement.
- Enforce safety guidelines, cleanliness & security standards.
- 6+ years of professional experience or relevant internships in a highly analytical, data intensive and/or strategic role, preferably with significant experience in Supply Chain and/or online retail
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain, Analytics, Business Administration or other applicable field required
- MBA or relevant Masters Degree (Operations, Supply Chain) from a graduate program with demonstrated high academic achievement preferred
- Capable of making decisions independently
- Have a positive, can-do attitude & excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flex shifts, hours, nights & weekends as business dictates
- Strong analytical, organizational, & written/verbal communication skills
- Forward-thinkers with the ability to articulate point of view & improve processes
- Ability to quickly recognize, diagnose & solve for challenges
- Must operate with a sense of urgency & have attention to detail
- Align with the company's Core Values to ensure a world class customer experience