Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
This role sits in Visa's Europe Controllership team, which is responsible for the accounting & finance operations of the Europe business functions & corporate accounting activities for Visa. The team is part of the broader Global Controllership function within Global Finance. This role will report to a Senior Finance Manager in London & will be responsible for accounting activities including month-end close, as well as analysis including research of technical accounting issues. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of pertinent IFRS & US GAAP, the ability to implement processes to improve operational efficiency, work with cross-functional teams, & handle analysis related to operational accounting issues, all with a strong sense of ownership & urgency.
- Responsible for analyzing, interpreting, & recording financial transactions, as well as reporting this information.
- Proactively research & document conclusions on accounting issues with appropriate references to relevant IFRS & US GAAP pronouncements. This includes interpretation of accounting guidance & the company's policy application of sound judgment to these projects.
- Take ownership for specific components of the consolidated balance sheet & income statement, review & confirm consolidated balances during month-end closing & perform ongoing analytical review.
- Complete complex account reconciliations & journal entries in support of the monthly close process.
- Establish, maintain, & coordinate the implementation of accounting operational procedures & document such processes & procedures.
- May have responsibility to provide guidance to other accountants with similar occupational skills or limited scope of responsibility.
- Interaction with various levels of management within & outside of Finance & internal & external audit teams & participation in cross-functional projects will be a routine part of the job.
- Complete & maintain process documentation & ensure SOX 404 compliance for areas of responsibility.
- Partner with key stakeholders to resolve queries & issues.
- Chartered Accountant (ACA) preferred, & clear progressive professional accounting experience, preferably in a publicly-traded company and/or with a public accounting firm
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, including excellent written, oral, listening & presentational skills & ability to work well under pressure & interact at all levels are also required.
- Strong technical, quantitative & analytical skills
- Proficient with Oracle or similar enterprise accounting system
- Proficient in utilizing Excel to efficiently analyze data
- Background with continuous improvement methodologies, driving increases in efficiency / effectiveness
- Familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley internal control compliance
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Capable of handling multiple tasks, possess good organizational, communication, & analytical skills, able to work independently, & be extremely flexible.
- Welcomes challenging/complex projects & demonstrates an ability for working "smarter not harder" by making continuous improvement to the efficiency of processes he/she contributes to.
- Teamwork is essential to the group, so it is critical that the candidate interact with other team members & managers collaboratively & effectively.
Training & Development:
Visa are committed to your professional development & growth. Our Europe Finance (London) has received both trainee & professional accreditationfrom ACCA & CIMA.
These accreditations recognise Visa Europe's high standards of staff training & development. As such we want to ensure our new hires are aware of the opportunities to them, as well as the on-going support they will receive.
Trainees & Professional Qualified Individuals can take advantage of the following to support their career development:
- Wide range of learning opportunities offered by Visa to employees
- Supported learning through ACCA & CIMA
- Simplified CPD & performance objective sign off
- Dedicated assistance when needed from the Professional bodies
- Discounted prices on a range of qualifications & support
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.