Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We aim to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high & build to last?
About the Role
Our Director of Customer Success, EMEA, leads a combined team of CSMs & CEA's (Cockroach Enterprise Architects). The CEAs help our CockroachDB customers & lead them to fully utilize their potential, lead them to production, allocate resources, define success criteria, fully understand customer requirements, work with customer stakeholders & internal Product & Engineering teams to alleviate roadblocks. The CSMs support the CEAs in driving customers to success but are also focused on customer adoption, consumption, renewals & expansion. We believe that in order for a Customer Success leader to be successful, they must have a good understanding of database technology, the overall stack, & infrastructure that CRDB operates within. They must also possess excellent customer facing, sales & consultative skills, with the ability to understand the customer pain points, define success criteria, critical milestones that lead to production, & project plans for success. They must also know when to recognize churn risk & help drive expansion & consumption. The Director CS will be a trusted advisor to the customer & thereby in collaboration with Sales, must understand how to get deeper & expand the account while preventing churn. Location is London or Remote in the UK for this role but you will be covering accounts in EMEA & APAC.
- Help build out the CEA & CSM team, as well as act as a player coach helping manage & lead complex Enterprise accounts together with the account team & VP, CS.
- Build an effective & reliable renewal, expansion & consumption forecast & strategy together with the Account teams & Regional Revenue Leadership.
- Own the overall technical relationship with assigned clients, which include increasing adoption, ensuring retention, expansion, & satisfaction.
- Utilize your technical skills to demonstrate value to customers & drive sales growth.
- Understand the drivers for the customer, define use cases & success criteria
- Collaborate with the your team & customer to define production date, milestones required to achieve delivery date, project plan & resource management
- Partner with the Cockroach Labs Sales Account team (Account Executive & leadership) to identify opportunities for new usage of Cockroach Labs across organizational functions.
- Develop & implement best practices, processes & tools which can continually enhance Cockroach Labss Customer Success Program.
- Understand how our customers are utilizing CRDB solutions & collaborate with Product on how additional features can be leveraged to increase functionality
- Function as a technical point of escalation for all customer related issues; ultimately responsible for the ownership & execution of tailored get-well plans while partnering with Customer Success managers & technical support to drive quick & efficient issue resolution
In your first 30 days, you will learn about CockroachDB & assess where the product would be a good fit for certain use cases. During this time, we also believe its important for you to establish internal relationships across sales, product, & engineering to effectively be able to navigate resources to help you in your efforts with customers.
After 60 days, you will be working very closely with the VP Customer Success & other regional Customer Success Directors, to improve repeatable processes for delivering white glove treatment to our customers & a methodology to reduce Time to Value bringing our customers into production.
- Strong experience with customer facing roles
- Strong experience leading & delivering on delivery, expansion, adoption, & retention.
- Strong understanding of the sales process & renewal strategy.
- A deep knowledge of databases, distributed systems, & modern enterprise software architecture.
- 4-6 years of experience as a team leader, Professional Services Manager, Project Manager or Technical Account Manager with a proven success record.
- A degree in Computer Science or other technical major.
- Successful track record of driving product adoption & expansion through understanding the customer's current (and future) database requirements.
- 100% health insurance option (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Learning & Development budget
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse & inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at email@example.com.