Summer Associate - Client Service Team
AlphaSights provides global investment & business professionals with on-demand access to the knowledge they need across all industries & geographies. AlphaSights connects decision-makers from investment management, private equity, management consulting, & corporations with a dynamic network of industry experts who provide qualitative & quantitative market insights, industry expertise, & execution support so our clients can make more informed decisions. Leveraging cutting-edge technology & our global team of 800+ professionals in nine global offices, we support our clients 24/7 around the world. AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
Learn more about life at AlphaSights here.
The Summer Associate Role
What do you want the start of your career to look like? Do you seek an introduction to the world of business & exposure to a wide variety of industries? A role offering autonomy & measurable personal impact from day 1? A clear path towards leading your own team & managing blue-chip client relationships in two years time?
If this resonates with you, read on.
AlphaSights is comprised of ambitious professionals committed to accelerating progress for our clients & helping them make more informed decisions. As a Summer Associate, youll act as the connection point between our clients & industry experts. Your role is to understand our clients knowledge gaps & identify experts with the knowledge that can address them. Youll need to think quickly & critically, conduct high-level research on companies & industries, & identify the worlds best experts with the right experience & insights to address our clients questions.
Youll spend considerable time on phone & email reaching out to people & assessing whether they possess the knowledge our clients seek, before deciding whether to connect them with our clients. Working on several client requests at once, youll quickly develop effective project, client, communication, & time management skills.
This is a fast-paced, commercial role with a clear focus on results & revenue generation, & Summer Associates who succeed at AlphaSights often embark on successful careers in commercial & operational leadership.
Learn more about AlphaSights' Internship Program here.
More About The Client Service Team
From the moment you join us as a Summer Associate, youll have significant autonomy & personal responsibility. Youll receive training & professional development opportunities to help you excel in your role. Hard work, drive, & a commitment to delivering results will provide you the opportunity to receive a full-time employment offer to return post-graduation. Our full-time Associates are then put on a path to becoming a Manager in about two years from joining us & a Vice President in about five.
Youll work in a company of driven colleagues from around the world: we work as one global team thats dedicated to growing our business, improving ourselves, supporting one another, & celebrating wins together. Our alumni go on to join some of the worlds most prestigious companies or pursue further study at top graduate schools.
What We Look For
AlphaSights welcomes candidates with different backgrounds & experiences. Here are some qualities that many of our successful applicants possess:
- Strong academic credentials gained from any undergraduate major
- Innate curiosity & excitement about the business world ideally evidenced through your undergraduate degree, past internships, etc.
- High levels of extracurricular involvement & leadership
- A client-first mindset, which means a relentless commitment to work on clients behalf & surpass their expectations
- The drive & resilience to deliver excellent service amidst tight timelines & changing circumstances
- Growth mindset: the ability to develop in your role over time & view setbacks as learning opportunities
- Rising Undergraduate Junior (Class of 2022)
- Strong academic credentials & noteworthy extracurricular leadership
- Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in a relevant foreign language is a plus
Are you hesitant to submit an application because you're not sure if you check every box? Apply anyway! Wed love to hear from you & see how you can drive impact in our firm.
What You Can Expect
- A fast-paced environment with measurable deliverables & a focus on results
- The opportunity to gain transferable skills, including results-oriented research, sales, negotiation, commercial acumen, professional communication, & project & time management
- A team-oriented, strongly supportive culture emphasizing transparency, continuous feedback, professional development, & celebrating wins
- A professional development team that works to ensure that youre supported & on a clear career trajectory both within our firm & beyond
- Opportunity to receive a full-time employment offer to return post-graduation
- Subsidized lunch program, corporate gym discounts, monthly team events, free breakfast & snacks
- We hire on a rolling basis until our program is full
- Program Start Date: Early June 2021
- Program End Date: Mid August 2021
AlphaSights is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor visas for this position.