Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, & meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, & books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly & 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz is pioneering the competitive mobile gaming experience, leveraging its patented technology to power over two billion esports tournaments a year. The company is headquartered in San Francisco & backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, & professional sports leagues & franchises.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, & NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBCs Disruptor 50, one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups, & the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the 5000.
What Were Looking For:
The Business Operations (BizOps) team is a nimble & highly impactful team that provides critical guidance, insights & strategic frameworks to the senior leaders responsible for our various functions & business units. The team operates like an internal consulting group to define & drive strategic, operational & organizational improvements across the company. Your role will be to provide strategic & day-to-day leadership dedicated to the Operations Organization - to create the foundational business infrastructure that enables that Organization to efficiently scale.
What You Will Do:
- Serve as the daily functional Business Operations lead supporting an Organization within Skillz (e.g., Core Operations Organization), simultaneously owning several critical operations initiatives while leading & managing your team members
- Partner with your Organization's leadership (e.g., Operations Leadership Team) to increase the percentage of their #1 Objective & Key Results that are green to 90% by Q4 2021
- Design & build, in partnership with your Organization's leadership team, any Operating System improvements, KPIs, or dashboard/reports to increase that Organization's productivity & effectiveness
- Partner with your Organization's leadership team & FP&A to build long-term plans & sign-off on the right strategic growth initiatives that will deliver on quarterly financial targets within budget (BvA of <2% of spend forecast)
- Partner with, build relationships, & manage up across your organization's leadership team to establish the cross-functional workflows needed to deliver on our operating plan
- Experienced Ops Leader - 8+ years of work experience (6+ with an MBA). Includes consulting/banking (2+ years) & 5+ years of operations for ops-intensive tech companies (must have business operations experience). Has managed a team within Business Operations, Program Management or Strategic Planning for at least 3 years. Made at least 3 new hires in the last 3 years.
- Master of Information - Establishes the right rules of engagement that promote effective & concise information synthesis/sharing/consumption, enabling teams & individuals to understand & respond in an effective manner to top company priorities.
- Strategic Planner - Proven ability to run & manage initiatives with large, cross-functional teams under tight deadlines through rigorous planning & ruthless prioritization.
- Structured Problem Solver - Able to create & apply frameworks to solve problems & bring the appropriate level of structure to improve the overall operational excellence of the organization.
- Results Oriented - Demonstrated results from growing a line of business, turning around a department, or large-scale reorganization especially in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Builds Strong Teams - Able to build & manage lean teams with outsized company impact.
Skillz embraces diversity & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, & we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.