PubNub runs a globally distributed Data Stream Network, a cloud service that developers use to build & scale large real-time apps. We have thousands of customers, & process billions of realtime messages each month. We power a variety of realtime applications including multi-player games, ride dispatch services, social events, online auctions, education apps, telecom infrastructure & more.We develop software close to the bare iron & optimize performance in microseconds. Were funded by top-tier investors, have a great team that has fun together, & were growing revenue fast!
The Support team at PubNub is a crucial part of our success becauseEarning Customer Loyaltyis our top core value. We are looking for someone with the skills, energy & passion for solving difficult & interesting technical issues as well as providing real world best practice solutions for our customers.
The most important criteria we are looking for in a candidate are:
- MUST HAVE strong programming & technical troubleshooting skills - 3+ years of real world app development.
- MUST HAVE firm grasp of web and/or mobile app technologies & architectures.
- MUST be able to demonstrate some understanding of what PubNub is & does andother realtime messaging technologies.
- Familiarity with networking concepts & protocols is highly desirable.
The Support Engineer is responsible for providing high-quality technical support for more than 70 PubNub SDKs as well as understanding how our realtime, data stream network operates. This person will also work on other technical projects, as required, but the prime directive will be solving a wide range of customer issues & providing best practice implementations & technical architecture overviews. Your technical skills will be challenged daily.
As a fast-growing startup, we look for self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced & dynamic environment. In this role, you work on a small but growing support team on the second line (escalated support issues requiring additional research through log searches, replicating the issue & implementing quick solutions or workarounds).
You dont wait for people to get back to you you get the answers you need to keep moving. And most importantly, we look for people who can prioritize & deliver, because its a lot more fun to get things done.
As an Escalation Engineer you will:
- BE the Subject matter expert of our Product, SDKs, & Infrastructure. Quickly become the go-to guy for issues across PubNub & within VIP customers.
- Respond to complex technical issues, identify the root cause, & drive the enterprise customer to resolution within defined SLAs.
- Fluent communication skills & customer facing personality to handle fragile customer situations/issues.
- Engage with the Sales Account Team on pro-active strategies for key accounts.
- Reproduce customer cases for detailed troubleshooting & analysis. This may include writing or modifying the code or simulating failure situations.
- Provide enterprise customers with configuration advice, training, & problem resolution.
- Liaison between Customers, Engineering, & Architects to resolve complex enterprise customer issues & recommend or implement solutions.
- Work with Product to document new features, enhancements requests, & product suggestions directly from a customer.
- Develop tools & automation for normal, repetitive support tasks.
- Take leadership in building out PubNub's tiered structure global Support model while approaching with a focus on delivering an outstanding customer experience.
- This role is highly technical & REQUIRESprevious experience with developing real-world applications (mobile and/or web applications).
- Act as mentor for front line support engineers.
- Create code samples, tutorials, & articles for centralized Knowledge Base.
Experience & Skills Required:
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong experience with at least twoof the following languages: Python, Java/Android, Ruby, Go, Node, C/C++, Objective-C/Swift, C#
- Strong experience with REST & RESTful APIs
- Familiar with networking concepts like TCP/IP andHTTP
- MUST have 3+ years experience in application development
- Practical, day-to-day experience with Linux & proficient at the command line
- Experienced with commonGIT & working with Github repositories & Github PR requests
- Curiosity & a strong drive to learn the inner workings of a sophisticated distributed real-time system.
- Excellent organizational skills & the ability to handle & prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate clearly (verbal & written skills) with internal employees & external customers.
- Must be willing to participate in on-call rotation (Nights/Weekends/Holidays).
- A passion for working on & explaining technical concepts in an understandable language to customers.
- Strong debugging & troubleshooting skills. Highly detail oriented.
- You are calm under pressure & fun to be around!
We work hard & have fun doing it! We believe that we are creating something that will truly transform how people interact with technology, & support that with an amazing culture & great benefits including a competitive salary & pre-IPO stock options. PubNub is based on a fun culture & team spirit & this role will be a key contributor to bringing that culture to one of the companys first offices outside of the US.