Social Media Manager Job Description
The Social Media Manager (Digital Marketing Manager) will administer the companys social media marketing & advertising. Administrationincludes but is not limited to:
- Deliberate planning & goal setting
- Development of brand awareness & online reputation
- Content management
- SEO (search engine optimization) & generation of inbound traffic
- Cultivation of leads & sales
The Social Media Manager is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience & a passion for connecting with current & future customers. That passion comes through as he/she engages with customers on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of turning fans into customers, & customers into fans.
Community leadership & participation (both online & offline) are integral to a Social Media Managers success. An essential component is communicating the companys brand in a positive, authentic way what will attract todays modern, hyper-connected buyers.
The Social Media Manager is instrumental in managing the companys content-related assets. Googles #1 search ranking factor is relevant content (content that serves the searchers needs the best). Its clear then that managing content should be part of the Social Media Managers Job Description.
Content management duties include:
- Administer the creation & publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content
- Identify & improve organizational development aspects that would improve content (I.e. employee training, recognition & rewards for participation in the companys marketing & online review building)
- Create a regular publishing schedule
- Leverage PostPlanner or other tools to manage content
- Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content & plan specific, timely marketing campaigns.
- Promote content through social advertising
Develop & implementa social media marketing plan to include the following components & be reviewed no less than every 90 days.
- Brand Development
- Identify Target Customers (economic buyers)
- Set Clear Objectives
- Visual Design & Web Development Strategy
- Solid Content Strategy
- Promotion Strategy
- Engagement Strategy
- Conversion Strategy
- Measure & Analyze to Establish ROI
Qualifications & Experience
- Possesses knowledge & experience in the tenets of traditional marketing. Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience
- Demonstrates creativity & documented immersion in social media
- Proficient in content marketing theory & application
- Experience sourcing & managing content development & publishing
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound
- Displays in-depth knowledge & understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo, Pinterest etc.) & how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
- Maintains excellent writing & language skills
- Enjoys a working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to the companys field
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information & ideas in written & video format
- Exceeds at building & maintaining sales relationships, online & off
- Practices superior time management
- Is a team player with the confidence to take the lead & guide other employees when necessary (ie: content development, creation & editing of content, & online reputation management)
- Makes evident good technical understanding & can pick up new tools quickly
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research & Google Analytics. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of Search & Social.
- Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress
- Demonstrates winning Social Customer Service techniques such as empathy, patience, advocacy & conflict resolution
- Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation & apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues