BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a resourceful Photo Production Coordinator to bring their production & organizational skills to either the LA/NY Office. We are looking for a smart, skilled, passionate self-starter that can work seamlessly with the various departments that touch our Photo Team.
This is a freelance position based in BuzzFeeds office in either Los Angeles or New York City starting with remote work until at least August 2021.
- Oversee & support production process for assigned internal creative teams
- Support various assigned photography processes within Branded, Partnerships, Licensing Editorial, & new initiatives
- Maintain & lead production aspects of assigned internal team meetings, kick offs, & check-ins
- Support Art Directors & Photographers through each projects lifespan: pre-production, production, & wrap
- Support sourcing & booking freelance production crews
- Book equipment & stages for assigned teams & projects
- Assist with research & negotiating rates for locations & studios
- Assist with booking production travel & accommodations
- Prepare & share start paperwork, production schedules, call sheets, & releases as needed
- Assist with tracking production budgets & updating actuals as needed
- Multitask on-set photoshoot coordination & on-set shoot support responsibilities as needed
- Collect & organize payroll, talent vouchers, reimbursement, & check request paperwork for submission
- Collaborate with accounts, creative, post, casting, & studio ops teams as needed
- Organizes production expenses & internal purchases
- Collaborate to develop & improve upon production resources, process, & responsibilities
- 2 years of production experience
- Impeccable time management skills, ability to multi-task & prioritize projects with sensitive deadlines
- Ability to work in high pressure, fast paced production environment
- Ability to adapt to last-minute changes in schedules & plans
- Interest in photo & media production
- Excellent written verbal communication skills
- Self-starter that is able to see a task through all stages until completion
- Ability to work independently with a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities on both client & production side
- This position is approximately 40 hours a week
- Proficient in Google Drive
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within & across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.