Front End Engineer, Registry
Zola, one of New Yorks fastest growing startups, is seeking a talented, creative, & passionate Software Engineer to join our Frontend Team. Zola is growing rapidly & is constantly pushing the boundaries in technology. We value hard work, an orientation for speed & a passion for developing best-in-class user experiences.
You will work closely with teams across Zola, including product management, design, merchandising, business, marketing, & of course, technology.
- Collaborate with tech, product & design to implement & build a new kind of e-commerce & wedding planning experience
- Manage & contribute code to large scale projects from inception to completion
- Ability to work both independently & collaboratively
- Identify & remedy performance bottlenecks
- Demonstrate & encourage best practices for front-end engineering
- Understand & communicate tradeoffs between design & performance
- 3+ years of user facing frontend experience
- Experience with React or Angular & a willingness to learn both
- Strong understanding of cross-browser compatibility & the ability to debug issues
- BS and/or MS in Computer Science or related degree preferred
We are open to including new technologies where & when they make sense & always strive to push the limits of the e-commerce & wedding planning user experience.
Zola is the fastest growing wedding company in the country. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples' lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology. All in the service of love.
Headquartered in New York City, our team brings deep experience working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites & mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Yahoo, Amazon, J.Crew, Rent The Runway, Goldman Sachs, among many others. In 2017 the Wall Street Journal named Zola a top 25 Tech Company to Watch, & Forbes named Zola a Next Billion-Dollar Startup.
More about the team: https://www.zola.com/about
Recent press: https://www.zola.com/press
To apply, please submit your resume & include a brief cover letter about why youre interested in Zola & in this role specifically.