Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Clinical Operations Analyst to join our Clinical Review team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
In this position, you will play a role in supporting clinical programs & strategic initiatives by formulating impact analyses, developing monitoring tools, & tracking our successes. The Clinical Review team is one of Oscars most important clinical functions - we encourage evidence-based practice through utilization management (UM) to ensure our members get access to the right care - particularly those who need it most.
Deliverables: What you have to achieve
Here at Oscar, we move quickly & are perpetually introducing new ideas. As an Analyst on the Clinical Review team, youll be responsible for supporting clinical programs & strategic clinical initiatives:
- Build a deep understanding of utilization management & how our clinical programs fit into the big picture
- Become well-acquainted with internal tools & technical processes, in particular database querying & dashboard creation
- Build complex frameworks & support analytics to predict the impact & demonstrate the value of our programs & initiatives
- Leverage data to make decisions & streamline processes
- Query clinical review cases for clinical audits & UM program deep dives
- Provide document management & distribution support of clinical policies
- Become comfortable with how regulatory & quality requirements apply to our programs & initiatives
- Improve existing workflows & find automation opportunities; manage reporting functions
- Provide support on regulatory audits & quality accreditation surveys, as needed
- Support the team for expansion into new markets, as needed
Winning factors: What leads to success
Must-have qualifications & expertise include:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field of study (e.g., Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science), 2-3 years of experience working with data, and/or data science certification
- Strong Excel skills
- Able to independently write SQL queries
- Experience performing impact analyses & ongoing monitoring / success tracking
- Experience building metrics dashboards
- Structured/analytical thinking & problem-solving skills
- Acute attention to detail with the ability to zoom in on data points & make sense of patterns
- Effectively & efficiently collaborate with teams, peers, & leaders
- A curious mind & innate passion for making things work better
- Successful time management & organization skills
- Able to execute under pressure & tight deadlines
- Ability to break down complex analyses & communicate ideas simply & clearly
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
We think it will make a big (positive) difference if you have:
- Python / programming skills, or a desire to learn
- Passion for & knowledge of health care, health economics, health policy, or health insurance
- Experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- All-hands on deck mentality
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.