With support from the Vice President of Human Resources & the Human Resources Director the Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the development & delivery of core services to the London office, such as enhancing retention, employee training & development, recognition, leadership development & career management. Youre the go-to person who makes their lives easier.
Although administration is a large part of your day-to-day work, youll also collaborate, consult, coach & strategise with both managers & employees. Building trust in & the visibility of the HR discipline is key. The time youll spend in this role will prepare you for working full-time in the trenches. But before youre ready to do that, you must know CMs business & your discipline inside & out. You need to understand the big picture & implications of HR decisions before you can make recommendations. Youre finding your place in the HR discipline & the more exposure you have to different areas, the more you bring to CM.
Assist in supporting projects, programs & practices that engage, inspire & recognise, extraordinary results such as:
- Research, develop, prepare & deliver high-impact HR solutions that fit CM, the industry & the culture of the company
- Partner with Career Developers & London Office Leadership Team to balance manager & employee advocacy
- Get to know the team & business of Critical Mass
- Keep current on HR trends including local London compensation, career management, orientation, retention etc.
- Provide input on company policy as employment laws change
- Advise & interpret policies & procedures for management & employees
- Manage the orientation program for new employees in the London office with other members of the HR team
- Assist Career Developers with performance management including regular performance reviews, progressive discipline, consultations & terminations
- Facilitate training & development for Career Developers
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality & discretion at all times
- Support & advise local recruitment team on manners of procedure & policy
- Assist employee relocation team with visa applications, offer documents etc.
- Administer & update Human Resource paperwork including offers, employment agreements, benefits, probation letters, change & payroll forms
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned
- Excellent organisation & prioritisation skills
- Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision
- Creative, forward thinker
- Excellent customer service & interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of people management & UK Employment standards
- Leadership skills
- Proven ability to work with all levels of management
- Strong research & analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Broad knowledge & experience across the many HR disciplines