We believe conquering cancer is a big data problem. That's why we built the world's leading comprehensive liquid biopsy. This non-invasive tool for accessing & sequencing tumor DNA is used by thousands of oncologists to help tens of thousands of advanced cancer patients. We believe the boom in cancer data acquisition we helped launch will drive important discoveries & new products. We're working on some exciting ones, including in early detection, where the impact on patients can be profound. We've raised more than $500 million from investors including Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, OrbiMed, & SoftBank.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatments through non-invasive cancer screening, the Technology Development Team is seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist to help test & validate novel technologies for rare variant studies with next-generation sequencing in a regulated environment. At Guardant, we leverage the most advanced technologies & work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful & meaningful technologies for cancer management.
As a Scientist in the Reagent Development Team, you will work with members within the team & interface with multiple teams including process engineering, clinical operations, research quality, automation, & operations. You will be hands on in the lab & be required to design, implement, & validate new technologies & new reagents related to liquid biopsy sequencing assays for the early detection, treatment, & monitoring of all cancer types.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be able to work in a team environment & independently & collaboratively to develop, test & validate technologies for rare variant studies with next-generation sequencing
- Think creatively & apply knowledge to design & validate control assays for building oncology diagnostics NGS workflows & reagent components
- Document product development requirements & verification results
- Be highly committed & deliver results in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Strong background in molecular biology
- Hands on technical knowledge of NGS library preparation, target enrichment, & rigorous product development practices
- Comfort with data analysis tools (R, Python, JMP, IGV, etc)
- Excellent interdisciplinary communication skills
- Good organization skills, & detailed orientated
- Self-driven & strong team player with proven track record
- 1-3 years (Scientist I) 3-5 years (Scientist II)) of experience in genomics or molecular biology, preferably developing IVDs
- Experience with bioinformatics analysis of NGS data
- Experience in development or optimization of nucleic acid technologies with a strong preference related to sequencing-based genomic assays, in regulated environments.
- Experience with development under a regulated environment (FDA QSR/ISO13485/ISO15189)
- 3+ years of experience in biotech industry preferably in cell-free nucleic acids and/or NGS field
- Experience with design transfer for manufacturing activities
- Sense of Humor
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacyNotice for Job Applicants.