As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Vox is looking for a supervising producer for our video team. Qualified candidates will be deeply invested in data-driven & explanatory journalism & have editorial leadership & production experience in video. This is a full-time, permanent position based in NYC.
What youll do:
- Work with the Executive Producer to create & maintain editorial workflows
- Support & guide the creative process
- Oversee & elevate production quality & capabilities
- Identify production deficiencies & help troubleshoot workflows
- Manage select producers & hold them to high journalistic standards
- Help producers develop pitches into stories when necessary
- Give feedback on scripts & video cuts as needed
- Project manage select editorial projects
What youll bring:
- Experience in video journalism
- Meticulous organization & comfort with overseeing many moving parts
- Experience managing a team
- Experience with video production & working with multiple stakeholders
- Strong shooting & production skills
- Deep familiarity with Voxs video voice & style
- Understanding of what makes a great video
- Creative drive to explore brand new approaches to video storytelling
- Awareness of what competitors are doing in video
If this sounds like you, please send us a resume & cover letter. In your letter, please include at least 3 links to your past work (journalistic examples preferred), & describe your role in the production of the piece.
Vox Video is the gold standard in news & explainer videos. Creating compelling content that sparks the curiosity of our audience & delivering answers to their questions has propelled the Vox YouTube channel to unparalleled success. Vox Video is nearing 10 million subscribers on YouTube, has won awards, created a Netflix show, launched a YouTube Originals show, & much more. The team is the creative lifeblood of Voxs visual brand on the internet & TV.
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.