Company Description|Job Description
Visa is looking for Staff Software Engineers who will help build Open VisaNet, Visa's Next generation payment processing platform developed on Open Systems, that would fuel growth in electronic payments globally & drive financial inclusion in many parts of the world.
Open VisaNet, the Next Generation payment processing platform for Visa, will push the envelope of building highly scalable, secure, cost effective & distributed application on commodity hardware using best-in-class technology components. Open VisaNet is one of Visa's Key initiative that will help Visa support in-country processing solutions & provide Visa an opportunity to move away from Proprietary Mainframe type systems. It is built as a modern distributed architecture based on micro services with goals of five 9's availability, fault tolerance, horizontal scalability & real time latency for largest scale transaction processing. Open VisaNet leverages state of the art Software technologies to achieve these goals on commodity hardware, such as Go, Kafka, Cassandra, OpenShift, Splunk, Sysdig etc.
- Design & build automated code deployment systems that simplify development work & make our work more consistent & predictable.
- Lead developer productivity projects in the areas of environment automation.
- Automated deployment, Continuous integration, Continuous deliveryand release engineering to Development, QA & Production environments.
- Experience with configuration automation tools (Puppet/Ansible/Chef/Salt).
- Good understanding of Linux fundamentals, very good troubleshooting skills.
- Good experience in observability of Systems.
- Automation scripting experience with Unix Shell (bash,ksh), Python, Perl, Java, Go or Node.js.
- Engagement with Operations & Infrastructure teams, developers, architects & other stakeholders.
- Responsible for the stability & high availability of lower environments.
- Support in triaging & troubleshooting of highly distributed services in production environment.
- Championing & driving application, infrastructure security efforts.
- Experience with CI/CD practices, pipelines & workflows.
- Extraordinary software engineering talent.
- Minimum of 6 years' hands-on DevOps experience.
- Proficiency in scripting languages.
- Hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes is a big plus.
- Experience in automation software such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc.
- Good understanding of DevOps tools & automation framework.
- Experience in Splunk, Sysdig, Elasticsearch, Prometheus, Grafana etc. is a big plus.
- Experience in working in highly agile environment.
- Experience designing large scale distributed systems with deep understanding of design impacts on performance, reliability, operations, & securityis a big plus.
- Understanding of self-healing/immutable microservice based architectures, cloud platforms, clustering models, networking technologies.
- Experience with operating system internals, file systems, disk/storage & networking protocols.
- Effective verbal & written communication skills.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree from recognized university.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.