The Future of Content Opportunities in Challenging Times
Exploring key trends & innovation in journalism in rapidly changing & increasingly challenging times for the media.
What are new tools & platforms of reporting, engaging & producing quality content?
US MEDIA LANDSCAPE
What is the background & underlying assumption of the current wave in media acquisition & consolidation in the US?
MEDIA & ELECTIONS
What can US media teach European media by reflecting upon the recent election, given that some of the most important elections in Europe are coming up in 2017?
To what degree does a systematic exchange among US & European media outlets make sense?
How & what do media organizations teach young journalists, & what professional perspectives do these organizations provide?
On the Agenda:
• "There is a Chance in every Crisis - we are still looking for it" The Status of American Media. Hosted by Columbia University
• "Preparing the Content Future: VR & AR in the City" Together with the Mayor's Office for Media & Entertainment
• "Fake & Tools: Getting to the bottom faster" Hosted by Dataminr
• "Innovation - A View from the Top" Hosted by News Corp
• "Trends & Innovation in Quality Journalism" Hosted by Vice
• "Artisan Brooklyn: Journalism as the New Frontier?” In collaboration with the Brooklyn Borough President
• "Insight the 2016 Election Coverage" Hosted by CNN
• "The Big Short & The Dynamic for Political Reporting", Hosted by Atlantic Media
Background & Format
We look forward to welcoming you to the 2017 Future-C” Update Tour on the Future of Content in the United States.
If the speed of change is an indicator for timing, it could hardly be better. Therefore, the 2017 Future-C” tour will be a mixture of a study tour, conference & panel discussions with experts.
We like to make this tour as open as possible & have a limited number of seats available. Please register & answer how you can benefit & contribute to the tour.
This is not a usual conference. It is a series of senior leadership discussions over the course of one week first in San Francisco & then in New York City.
While we publicly invite people to contribute & be part of these events, we are looking for people & institutions that are able to bring new perspectives to the table.
We will have systematic review & feedback sessions after each discussion in order to apply findings & identify action points.