FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, & leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, & TV/media, including FanDuel, Betfair US, DRAFT, & TVG. FanDuel Group has a presence across 45 states & 8 million customers. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, & Scotland.
About the role
This role is as a part-time editor who works 32 hours per week editing content that is written for numberFire.com. Owned & operated by FanDuel, numberFire is a sports analytics website specializing in educating, advising, & helping sports fans to make smarter decisions. As an editor, you will be responsible for editing, proofreading, creating, & publishing written articles on numberFire.com. Editors may be asked to contribute in related areas, such as multimedia content or social media. Content editors also provide feedback to writers.
What You'll Do
- Edit, create, & publish written articles for numberFire.com.
- Provide feedback to writers regarding accuracy, grammar, style rules, & voice.
- Help manage the content/editorial calendar.
- Help generate new content ideas.
- Potentially represent the company via social media, such as Twitter.
- Potentially generate multimedia work, including podcasting & videos.
Who were looking for
- Self-driven & motivated individuals with strong writing & editing skills & an attention to detail.
- Past experience editing & / or writing content in sports media.
- Wide knowledge of the sports world, especially pertaining to general sports analytics, daily fantasy, & sports betting.
- Ability to work as part of a team & take direction from full-time team members.
What you get in return
Beyond working with such a great team?
- An exciting environment with real growth
- Contribute to exciting products used by a highly passionate user base
- Personal learning & development opportunities
There's more, but we don't want to go on & on.
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgment or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.