When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges & an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago & finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years & we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines & restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, & giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants & consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world & we do this in real time. Millions of customers & thousands of restaurants & riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds.
And were just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at 7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking & travel to retail & communications - its clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FTs list of Europes fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, & we were the first company ever to win Deloittes UK Top 50 two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The Local Media Marketing Associate will be responsible for the setup, execution, monitoring & day-to-day operations of the awareness, conversion & loyalty campaigns at a local level. He will be responsible for the media plans in the new cities where Deliveroo arrives, but also for the media plans in our priority cities where we want to accelerate our growth.
This position will sit in the brand & media team, reporting directly to the Marketing Campaign Associate but actively supporting the Local Marketing team.
* Responsible for the media diagnosis per city & selection of the main channels to leverage at a local level to overcome the marketing challenges identified by the Local marketing team
* Work with our external media agency, & our external local marketing agencies, to implement the most relevant plans for our consumers
* Responsible for executing the local media strategy, coordinating the production of creative assets & their delivery on time & on budget to media partners
* Be the liaison between the Brand & Media team & the Local marketing team, ensuring coherence between the national & local media strategy
* Cross-functional collaboration - effectively collaborate with teams across the business- both locally & centrally- including commercial team & the rest of the marketing services (Rx Marketing, CRM, Brand Equity)
* Measure & monitor the impact & effectiveness of all our local media campaigns, report back to the Head of Local Marketing on results & recommendations for improvements
* 2-3 years marketing experience as brand manager running successful 360 marketing campaigns covering the entire consumer funnel
* Fluent in English
* Excellent analytical skills
* Customer-centric, with an understanding of customer segmentation
* A proactive, can-do attitude, full of great ideas
* Ability to influence & manage multiple internal & external stakeholders
* Affinity for the food sector
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, were always looking for new ideas & were very transparent about the decisions we make & why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer & plenty more we havent even encountered. How do data & technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - & there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth & personal impact is enormous.
Benefits & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business & we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away & relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners & because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed & able to share in the companys success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in & how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food & a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around