Quick Take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring a Lifestyle & Social Reporter in the Twin Cities!
Why it Matters: After the successful launch of our Twin Cities newsletter, we are growing our Local reach with a bigger emphasis on social media platforms. During the three-month contract, the Lifestyle & Social Reporter will be responsible for contributing original pieces pertaining to life in the Twin Cities for social media posts & the daily newsletter.
Go Deeper: We are looking for someone who cares deeply about the future of local news, is obsessed with innovative new ways to reimagine it, & skilled in execution to support this venture with the following responsibilities:
- Partner with the Twin Cities Reporters to ideate & collaborate on potential story ideas that would drive social engagement
- Lead & contribute to social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Nextdoor) for Axios Twin Cities
- Write lifestyle-focused articles for the Axios Twin Cities newsletter & social platforms
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit & passion for Axios mission & have the following skills:
- Journalism & reporting experience
- Familiarity with local food, music, social scene in Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Understanding of how to craft messaging for different social platforms to drive engagement
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital & social media landscape