The Vendor Business Development Manager is responsible for driving sales & product acquisition by managing the companys B2B new business acquisition & existing client base. For this role youll be focused on self sourcing new leads & converting referrals from internal partners. Youll be motivated by a desire to win with a strong sense of personal responsibility & a roll up your sleeves mentality to push tasks to completion.
Your ability to strategize with businesses will be crucial to your success in getting the best product for our platform & expanding the volume & quality of consignments. You will understand the customers & business objectives, priorities, requirements & challenges, & add value by implementing TRRs strategy. You will build & develop relevant customer relationship networks with key influencers & decision makers & plans for accounts to deliver results through the financial year & beyond. This role will provide unparalleled service for the countrys largest online luxury consignment marketplace
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Own the full sales cycle from prospecting to close
- Build & execute account plans that drive sustainable business growth. You will map client organizations & build relationships with multiple contacts focusing on decision-makers
- Initiate, negotiate, & close new contracts with customers
- Develop a deep understanding of business drivers in targeted sectors as well as knowledge of optimal positioning in the marketplace
- Analyze sales & operations data to monitor sales progress & develops corrective plans to improve sales force effectiveness/efficiency
- Investigate industry trends, understand market conditions, & develop strategies to stay ahead of the competition
- Meets with consignors in their businesses to set price expectations & procure their luxury merchandise
- Work cross functionally with various departments such as product, merchandising, & sales operations
- Utilizes your knowledge of luxury merchandise to carefully review & process all items for shipment to ensure they are cataloged & up to our very high quality standards
- Builds & executes basic account business plans for defined accounts. Manages the collective effort to build & maintain both strategic & tactical elements of the plan. Shares & aligns the plan with relevant stakeholders of the accounts
What You Bring To The Role
- 5+ years experience in Mid-Market, National & Enterprise Sales
- A high degree of business acumen, sophistication, & the ability to establish trust is critical. This position requires the person to work directly with very discriminating clientele
- Hunger to grow your career & tackle new challenges with a clear desire to have a big impact on TRRs revenue & client set!
- Track record of exceeding revenue targets
- Demonstrated ability to use strategic selling skills
- Comfortable with Executive level outreach & communication to Mid-Market & National Accounts
- Strong time management skills, creative problem solver & self-sufficient worker
- Experience presenting over the phone, virtual, & in-person to mid-large size groups
- Proficiency in Powerpoint, Excel & Salesforce
- Knowledge of luxury products is a plus but not required
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categoriesincluding women's & men's fashion, fine jewelry & watches, art & homein support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off & direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI & machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing & listing their items, as well as handling shipping & customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts & receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.