Living at the intersection of technology & logistics, Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients & suppliers manage all aspects of their supply chain operations with a true operating system for global trade.
Were looking for Region Field Marketing Manager to run the East Coast region. This critical field role, based in our NYC offices, will be responsible for delighting our customers & prospects with engaging pipeline generating & accelerating experiences across a broad spectrum of events. This leadership role will, over time, build out a team of Field Marketing Managers to support our rapid growth & expansion goals.
Success will be measured by sourced & influenced pipeline, as well as program ROI.
- Create & deliver incredible events to delight our customers & prospects, as well as build & influence pipeline.
- Own Flexports full calendar of public or client-facing events, year-round, from idea to execution in the East region.
- Event formats include: executive speaking engagements for our region leaders including NYC area General Manager; Flexport appearances or booths at trade shows & conferences; VIP client & partner events, salons, & workshops, industry events etc.
- Scout, book & host events where Flexport can reach target audiences & identified customers & prospects.
- Manage the production & distribution of collateral & swag for every event or show
- Maintain lasting, strong relationships between many vendors & trade show organizers
- Conduct in-depth event evaluation, budget reconciliation & lead follow-up
- Work closely with key Flexport stakeholders, including Marketing, PR, Design, & Sales to promote events across channels.
- Establish strategic campaigns for events to further develop relationships with prospects / existing clients & help expedite the sales cycle.
- Manage & report ROI & metrics.
You should have:
- A creative vision for creating premium brand experiences
- A passion for connecting people in our industry with expertise relevant to their work
- 5 years of experience in field marketing or event management with direct, hands-on experience planning, organizing & executing live events
- A commitment to delivering great experiences to our prospects & clients: youre not above helping with event set-up & tear-down, coordinating last-minute details on site, or troubleshooting problems in the moment to keep everything running smoothly
- Clear & precise communication
- Availability to support evening & weekend events as necessary to ensure success (within reason).
- Availability to travel up to 25% of the time
- A can-do attitude
- Demonstrated success managing direct reports in remote offices
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding & why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination & shipment of goods from one place to another & its what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world & break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.