Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Our Corporate Strategy team is a new & growing function here at Mailchimp to support our strategic initiatives, business operations & revenue management as Mailchimp continues to evolve. Were looking for a Director of Strategy Analytics to lead the growth of the Strategic Analytics function of this team.
The Director of Strategic Analytics will work with our Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) & other cross functional leaders to help evolve Mailchimps data & analytics capabilities & cross-organizational reporting to enable more strategic, data-driven decision making. In this role you will support the business on strategic analytics requests & drive on-going strategic initiative reporting to arm Mailchimp with insights that will help evaluate & steer our future. You will support the CFO & CSO with scoreboard reporting in order to evaluate business performance & create a single source of truth on business performance.You will also support the continuous evolution of data capabilities across both the strategy team & Mailchimp as a whole.
What youll do here:
- You will compile, analyze & interpret both internally & externally sourced data to make strategic & tactical recommendations to key Mailchimp leadership
- Provide consulting support for initiative owners to understand, define, & provide data to inform the problem & recommended solutions.
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding business analytical or operational data needs.
- Collate data from across Mailchimp to maintain a set of clear, consistent, & comprehensive executive scoreboards that clarify Mailchimp performance across functions on an on-going basis.
- Establish & drive appropriate scoreboard governance to ensure clear ownership, coordinated comprehensive delivery, & report consistency.
- Facilitate insight generation from scoreboard metrics.
- Continuously improve scoreboard reporting & processes (e.g., evolve & reprioritize visualizations, automate dashboards).
Data Capability Evolution:
- Coordinate with technology & data infrastructure/services teams to refine & streamline information lifecycle management solutions.
- Collaboratively develop & uphold cross-functionally aligned plan to ensure clarity around key data interfaces, corresponding responsibilities, & governance.
- Work closely with product teams & operational teams to boost & refine data capture to unlock insight potential.
- Support management & maintenance of Mailchimps database in a SQL/BigQuery environment
- Establish & drive agile cadence to report on strategic initiatives.
- Work closely with insights team & initiative owners to optimize a framework for the development, maintenance, & automation of reporting on initiative status, KPIs, risks, & roadblocks.
- Collate & disseminate digestible reporting information on both growth initiatives & strategic activation initiatives for senior leadership in-line with the agile cadence.
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You have a background in mathematics, business insights, and/or statistical modeling with 5+ years of applied work experience, preferably within management consulting, investment banking, venture capital/private equity, or other strategic/analytical roles.
- You have prior work experience within a technology (software) company or extensive knowledge of the technology/ SaaS industry is preferred.
- You have experience in leveraging structured & unstructured data sets for analysis & reporting.
- You have advanced knowledge of statistical analysis & data modeling
- You are extremely proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, SQL, & web analytics solutions (e.g., Google Analytics)
- You are experienced in leveraging data visualization tech & tools (e.g., BigQuery, Tableau, Looker)
- You have working knowledge of data visualization programming languages (e.g., R, Python) is a plus
- You are a skilled communicator across all levels & business units cross functionally
- You are skilled in leading teams through large scale change
- Youre a collaborative leader with the ability to influence & build relationships at all levels
- Master's degree in Data Science, Business Analytics or Business Administration is preferred
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.