The Enterprise Services Technical Writer works closely with Tanium customers to develop technical documentation or playbooks, to accompany our platform & products. You will be responsible for developing consumable, accurate & timely documentation, from which Tanium's prospects & customers derive real value. As a Technical Writer, your technical aptitude will help you keep up with the Technical Account Managers (TAMs) to understand our customers' environments & the value that Tanium products provide.
What youll do:
- Work closely with our customers to:
- Plan & write security software installation, user, & admin guides as well as other documentation
- Research, develop & document technical design specifications & test scripts for technical capabilities
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals in accordance with statement of work
- Manage updates & revisions to technical literature
- Participate in development of & recommendations for documentation style standards, information architecture, tools, & best practices
- Build standard documents for the customer tailored to their environment
- Create Tanium processes & nuances Operations Manual for users in their enterprise
- Coordinating technical contributors & customer personnel for input to playbook & SOP development
- Ensuring the timely & technically accurate delivery of input from contributors
- Travel - 25%
Were looking for someone with:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required from the following:
- Journalism / English / Communications / Computer science / Engineering
- 5 years' experience writing for a system administrator audience
- Implementing MadCap Flare
- Documenting for both Windows & Linux environments
- Working with users to document processes & procedures based on software product usage
- Familiarity with XML, HTML, topic-based/structured authoring, & single-sourcing; knowledge of DITA
- Experience with IT security software/products
- Demonstrate clear, concise, & precise documentation of technical subject matter & procedures
- Demonstrate strong verbal communication skills & ability to conduct an interview with a customer
- Demonstrate a replicable system for creating & maintaining technical documentation
- Attention to detail
- Able to write in explanatory & procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization & multitasking
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility & control that transforms how the world's largest & most sophisticated organizations manage & secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed & agility. Theres a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers & financial institutions, & four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing & win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing for 2019 & 10th on FORTUNEs list of the 100 Best Medium Workplaces.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, & diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises & governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives & by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world & its imperative that the diversity of our customers & communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed & grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees & their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.