Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Senior Director of People Strategy (HR Business Partner) to join our Talent Strategy team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
We are seeking a new Sr. Director of People Strategy (HRBP), to centralize ownership for our newly formed Platform organization. This is a new role & we are looking for a strategic human capital professional with a toolkit & strong operational chops to contribute & develop the employee experiences, culture & partner with the business to help drive key results.
We are looking for candidates who are doers; who are energized by the opportunity to define & build toward a best-in-class future for Oscar & our platform business; who love keeping abreast of new people innovations in the market; who are service-oriented & energized by partnering with colleagues & solving their problems with our Oscar employees at heart & enhance our amazing culture. This role will oversee tech, operations & other core functions.
This role reports to the Vice President of Talent Strategy.
- Partner with executive leadership & cross functional partners to set vision & build toward a best in class future state. While serving as a single People strategy point of contact across the platform organization.
- Works closely with management & employees to improve work relationships, build morale, & increase productivity & retention.
- Provides guidance & input on business unit restructures, workforce planning & succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units & individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation & monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Drive the talent strategy agenda across multiple lines of business & keeping the voice of the employee base in mind.
- Lead initiatives to define our teams key objectives (alongside the business) & create frameworks for team members to set goals that align with those objectives & identify measurable results.
- Partner closely with centers-of-excellence (i.e. Recruiting, Total Rewards, Organizational Effectiveness, Diversity & Inclusion). Meet on a recurring basis to understand needs, prioritize the employee enhancement, uncover opportunities for improvement.
- Serve as an executive coach & mentor across the organization
- Lead a high performing People Strategy team across multiple disciplines.
Minimum of 8+years experience & 3+ years of management experience of senior leaders at a fast paced, high growth stage company, including tech, operations & clinical roles.
Understanding of the human capital landscape & familiarity with existing & emergent concepts or ideas
Strong detailed & conceptual thinking skills to analyze sophisticated problems & propose solutions despite technical & operational constraints
Strong analytical & problem-solving skills, with an eye for detail & accuracy; ability to do root cause analysis to guide decisions & action plans where limited foundational/framework exists
Demonstrated understanding of HR programs & processes (e.g., Compensation, Performance Management), & requirements working with the wider People team
Significant project management experience related to implementation of new, complex programs, systems and/or processes
Employee centric orientation & superb communication skills, with ability to communicate clearly with both technical & functional audience
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.