WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, & web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, & Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands & consumers in a more authentic & human way. And we do it at scale each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100 Magazines 2019 Best Places to Work, & Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT YOULL DO
Our Financial Planning Analysis (FP&A) team builds financial infrastructure to scale our growing company that gears us towards public company readiness. We work with leaders across all departments to synthesize financial data & provide executives with analysis & reports they need to make major operational, financial, & strategic decisions. You will be assisting in building & maintaining financial models, financial reporting, preparing board decks & much more. Your work will be instrumental to Braze achieving its mission, be highly visible to Braze leadership, & will drive key insights for strategic decisions.
This is a 6-month long internship with the possibility of a full-time conversion at the end of it.
- Assist with monthly forecasting & long-term budgeting for various Sales & Marketing teams
- Perform month-end close analysis of actuals to forecast
- Build & maintain forecasting models in our financial planning tool Adaptive Insights
- Engage with business partners to provide strong financial oversight for business decision support
- Prepare executive presentations for budget, forecast & business analysis
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis & business case modeling as per business requirements
- Engage in continuous process improvement efforts to streamline financial planning for efficiency & accuracy
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for insightful & analytical individuals to be financial & strategic partners to Sales & Marketing leaders across Braze to accelerate achievement of our long term goals. We are seeking people who are excited to start a career in Corporate Finance & ready to roll their sleeves up & learn.
- 1+ years in FP&A / corporate finance / accounting / operations
- Undergraduate degree in finance / economics / accounting / business
- Experience with Excel / Google Suite / Keynote
- Adaptive Insights experience is a plus
- Ability to handle ambiguity, willingness to learn, & learn from mistakes
- Excellent communication / collaboration skills required; role involves building strong relationships across the organization
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life
- Free daily lunch & fully stocked kitchen with snacks & beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, & fun loving, dog friendly office culture
In addition, this position is non-exempt & is eligible for overtime under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information & how you can exercise your rights.