Want to help people get the financial protection they need & feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare & buy insurance online. Since 2014, weve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer inFintechand helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing & looking for people with grit, great attitudes & creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About Advanced Planning at Pg
Remember the Mighty Ducks movies (one or two, we all forgot about three)? Remember how they would take on insurmountable odds, but always used their teamwork to overcome their bigger, tougher opponents? Thats advanced planning at Policygenius.
Our Advanced Planning team takes on the challenge of selling & fulfilling products that are traditionally hard to place in the insurance industry, such as disability & whole life insurance. Our Sales Associates & Case Management Associates work side by side to answer tough questions & give advice on how the pieces of a financial plan fit together with insurance. The team works as a unit to help our users find the best protection out there & support them as they move through the underwriting process & place their new policy. As a Case Management Associate, you would report into the Disability Insurance Sales Manager & be part of a close-knit team that learns on the go & takes on any challenge. Come join our Flying V!!!
- Review & send insurance applications & policies to our clients
- Coordinate with with our brokers & carriers to efficiently communicate our clients needs
- Conduct regular client follow-up & check-ins on outstanding applications, exams, financial documents, & phone interviews
- Prepare disability & whole life insurance illustrations & support in-force policy servicing & maintenance as needed
- Adhere to team norms & policies & meet quality standards & service level agreements (SLAs) in your daily work
- Contribute toward team goals & support onboarding of new team members as required
- Provide actionable feedback from clients to drive process & product improvements
- Functional knowledge of & 1+ years work experience in financial planning
- A service mindset & passion for helping clients
- Honesty & integrity you do not cut corners ethically & can be trusted to do the right thing for clients & for the team
- A positive attitude & desire to be apart of a team where you can take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Self management, attention to detail, & the ability to prioritize workflows
- A bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
- Mastered theknuckle-puck shot
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship & coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join (Shhh Its a secret!)