Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, & meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, & books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly & 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
Skillz is pioneering the competitive mobile gaming experience, leveraging its patented technology to power over two billion esports tournaments a year. The company is headquartered in San Francisco & backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, & professional sports leagues & franchises.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, & NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBCs Disruptor 50, one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups, & the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the 5000.
Who Were Looking For:
Skillz is looking for a tenacious, innovative & driven AV/IT Specialist to create a holistic AV program for virtual & in-office work as well as support all AV/IT needs. This role will report to the IT Manager within our operations team but will partner with team members throughout the business to identify needs, architect solutions & resolve issues to match the growth of our rapidly scaling business.
What You Will Do:
- Support our end-users with any IT issues that may arise, delivering world class service within SLAs
- Follow processes required in daily work for company compliance with federal regulations & infrastructure security
- Assist with onboarding & offboarding
- Architect, implement & maintain AV systems for virtual & physical spaces
- Oversee & improve upon a range of AV programs/processes including but not limited to onboarding, video conferencing, events, etc.
- Perform root cause analysis to prevent recurrence of issues
- Partner with the procurement team on AV initiatives requiring spend, running RFPs, etc. when necessary
- BS / BA
- 5+ years of work experience in IT
- 3+ years of experience with AV systems & video conferencing platform support
- Customer service oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting / critical thinking skills
- Experience with desktop or laptop support
- Experience building & supporting AV systems for conference rooms & large meeting areas
- Experience with Zoom, Macs & PCs (OSX & Windows 10)
- Process oriented, with the ability to develop & execute IT processes
- General understanding of TCP/IP & networking concepts
- Experience with Google Workspace management
- Experience with Slack integrations & tools
Skillz embraces diversity & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, & we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.