Peloton is looking for a skilled rockstar paralegal to join the Employment Law team in supporting the legal needs of the People (HR) Team. You will have the opportunity, & will be required, to work with Pelotons senior management & key business partners. You will join a collaborative, trusting & high-performing team that loves to work on state-of-the art legal issues & generate practical solutions. At Peloton, we put our Members first, operate with a bias toward action, empower teams of smart creatives, & together we go far! This exciting in-house opportunity is ideal for a person seeking to make a direct business impact. And, on top of that, we were just named number one place to work in NYC by Comparably! By the way, we have great benefits! This position is full-time, based in Pelotons New York City headquarters.
- Support the Employment Law teams day-to-day & strategic needs to serve all internal business clients, including the People Team
- Collaborate with other members of the Legal Team & with cross functional business partners
- Help manage Pelotons separation agreements, garnishment process, background check escalations, & contract management system, & process documents that will assist with operational support
- Be primarily responsible for record-keeping systems & managing deadline calendars
- Assist with special projects as needed, with the ability to work in an ever-changing environment
- Assist with document collection & other fact gathering for legal employment matters & investigations, & responding to discovery for employment-related litigation, including analyzing discovery requests
- Assist with processing settlements & other administrative tasks
- Assist with internal reporting regarding threatened & pending litigation matters
- Monitor legal developments & partner with the employment lawyers to provide & track relevant legal developments.
What You'll Need:
- Independent & strategic thinking skills, & be a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) & willing to take on additional responsibilities
- Knowledge of consumer tech world
- Experience supporting employment law matters; experience in international employment law is a plus!
- Familiarity with all aspects of litigation support, including assistance with subpoenas, locating & analyzing documents & information related to existing or threatened claims
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, disruptive business
- Self-motivation, strong work ethic & extreme attention to detail
- Project management skills, including the ability to define the project scope, establish a timeline & manage resources.
- Strong oral & written communication skills to explain complex concepts for a variety of audiences.
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to collect, organize & analyze information with accuracy.
- Ability to balance workload under short deadlines & pivot to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- 4+ years experience as a paralegal
- Bachelors degree required; completion of ABA-approved paralegal program a plus (JD considered)
- Am Law 100, or other relevant in-house experience
- Experience with Google G Suite tools (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.), preferred
- Experience with Practical Law or Westlaw legal research tools a plus
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.