As a Director of Product in Commercial Operations, youll be leading the development of tools & systems that have a direct & profound impact on the lives of our support colleagues, partners, & customers seeking help .Do you want to redefine the way travelers experience the world?Our vision is to empower people to experience the world. Wherever our customers go & whatever they do, they book it with us.
With over 1.5 million room nights booked every day in our 1.5 million + accommodations worldwide, our daily mission is to make travel, experience & exploration accessible for everyone, everywhere.
In Commercial Operations we provide support tooling that enables hyper-growth; were behind the scenes Most of all you have end to end responsibility for a product track of Booking.com across multiple devices & channels & you will always push people to improve the user journey while making sure it is consistent.
- Together with Directors of Software Development, have a good overview of teams impact & ROI. Challenge, clarify & sign off on investment requests & decisions; responsible for triggering team repurposing discussions & decisions.
- You will lead a team to deliver product value proposition, key features & positioning for key elements of Booking.com experience
- You need to drive & lead the strategic direction of your track, also for non product activities, & challenge the direction of other teams
- Responsible to measure success KPIs & report tracks & team performance on team / track performance & business impact
- You will contribute to the strategic direction of the company.
- You will build an organisation that systematically & consistently drives strategy & delivers great product experiences.
- You will contribute to the growth of Booking.com through interviewing, onboarding, or other recruitment efforts.
- Empower people to do their best work at Booking.com.
- 7+ years of Product Leadership Experience with high traffic (100,000+ visitors per day), preferably E-commerce sites or marketplace companies.
- Experience in developing operational tooling (like CRM systems, workflow management systems, support tooling) in a large organisation is a plus
- Experience in making build vs buy decisions is a plus, understanding of the importance of data engineering, working in a service oriented architecture, & working on complex systems is a plus.
- Subject matter expertise in Product Management with a proven track record of building successful innovative products - vision, strategy & roadmap, KPIs/objectives setting, ideation & implementation process, team alignment with business goals
- Experience with managing & coaching teams of senior product managers/product owners including building & growing teams
- Experience working with product & tech departments & cross functional senior stakeholders
- Expert in leading through influence with stakeholders including executives
- Skillful use of testing & data to move quickly
- Strong project management Skills; how to plan, set & manage to reasonable timelines, while delivering projects that align with the business strategy
This position is open to candidates worldwide & for the right candidates we provide Visa & Relocation assistance.
IT is the core of our business & we ensure that we give the best deal possible, to our employees. Here is what you get:
- Living & working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product & seeing real time impact of your work
- Working in a fast paced & performance driven culture
- Career Advancement via Online & On-the-job training, Hackathons, Conferences & active community participation
- Competitive compensation & benefits package & some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com