As the worlds largest social coding platform, a home for Open Source development, & a core tool in the DevOps toolkit of many Fortune 500 companies, GitHub has some of the worlds most interesting data.
GitHubs Data team is looking for a data curious individual to join us & leverage this wealth of business, ecosystem, & community critical data for organization wide impact. You will be working with a diverse team of other engineers & data scientists to design & build reusable data pipelines, patterns, & tooling to unlock insights for the company. Youll be working with & enabling a diverse set of stakeholders across all levels of the company to make data informed decisions about our products, strategy, & community trends.
- Identify business needs & translate them into requirements for data products for company wide impact
- Design, develop, & own holistic, robust, & high quality data pipelines (from ETL to Business Intelligence tools) that power internal datasets for other data scientists, product, engineering, & other business teams
- Maintain & expand forecasting capabilities for the business at scale
- Develop & maintain data products for a wide range of internal & external stakeholders
- 3+ years related experience in a data engineering or software engineering capacity, including experience in or close proximity to a data science, data analytics or data experience capacity
- Experience designing robust unified data schemas in a denormalized environment, & ETL pipelines in a distributed data framework (Hive, Hadoop, Spark, Presto, etc.)
- Experience with building full stack data products (internal or customer facing) & ability to reason about user experience when interacting with data tools
- Experience articulating business questions & using mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data.
- Demonstrated leadership & self-direction.
- Demonstrated willingness to both teach others & learn new techniques.
- Demonstrated effective written & verbal communication skills.
- Experience doing analysis in either R or Python, deep knowledge of any SQL variant
- Front end development experience a plus
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, & to create the worlds most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come togetheras individuals & in teamsto create the future of software & make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, & create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused & creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds & lifestyles. We embrace diversity & invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.