Shine is the #1 BIPOC-owned self-care app and community. We're on a mission to make caring for your mental and emotional health easier, more representative, and more inclusive. And we believe it all starts with making self-care a daily ritual. One in three reviews call our award-winning app life-changing, and we've found increased use of Shine is correlated with decreases in both anxiety and depression by up to 35%.
We believe that fighting for the mental health of marginalized groups helps fight for their lives and rights. We build our product and create content with the BIPOC reality in mind, and representation is core to our team at Shine HQ. Our team is majority BIPOC, almost all of our content is created by Black womxn, and our themes are sourced from our community, which over-indexes in both of those categories.
About the Role:
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way we all work-and for many, it's come at a cost to their emotional wellbeing. In fact, over 50% of people report that their mental health has worsened since the pandemic began.
As the most inclusive and representative self-care app currently available, we are scaling Shine At Work and looking for an experienced business development professional to oversee the end-to-end sales cycle. The Ideal candidate has experience in working with HR and Benefits professionals at large companies and is a self-starter excited to build from the ground up.
***This is a contract role with an opportunity for Full-Time based on performance.***
- Lead strategy for strongest positioning for Shine as an employee benefit (efficacy report, pitch deck, offering, pricing structure)
- Build & manage pipeline for employer partnerships, implementing creative, thoughtful and on-brand ways to maintain active engagement throughout the sales funnel. Nurturing inbound and outbound leads to ensure consistent deal flow
-Close deals with SMB and enterprise accounts and build relationships with key stakeholders
- Collaborate with Co-Founders and management team on strategy, operational needs for partnership implementation
What we're looking for:
- You've done this, you've run the process end to end, you have the network to make things happen. You've locked major partnerships for other comps, with a high renewal rate. You've worked in B2B for a minimum of five years, and in the last year, you've locked multiple five or six figure partnership deals.
- You're a builder - as the first person in this role, you are excited to lead in building out the foundations for our sales machine. A bonus if you've already done this at another successful high growth startup.
- You represent the Shine brand - you have experience pitching representative and inclusive employee benefits. You're able speak to Shine's differentiator with experience, education, and care
- Collaborative - you'll work closely with the Co-founders on shaping the B2B offerings and building pipeline
- Find a way - you focus on the solutions, are energized by the sales process, find creative ways to build new partnerships. You're resourceful and can navigate sometimes ambiguous sales environments with multiple objectives to create a big impact.
- Free healthcare. We cover Medical, Vision & Dental 100%
- Unlimited vacation, that we actually want you to use
- Quarterly performance reviews to help you continue to grow professionally and support you in your goals
- The chance to be part of a welcoming, kind, brilliant team who gets up every morning with the mission of making the world a more compassionate place