WHO ARE WE?
The Business Controls & Audit Team sniffs out everything that could go wrong at BARK so our pups dont have to! Weve spent years training our noses & are always on the hunt for risks to our operations and/or financials. Our favorite toys are SOX & US GAAP & luckily they let us play with these daily. Were known around these parts as the high-energy pack that chases risk to the end of the yard until weve dug up the right toys, I mean tools, to address them.
WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR:
Are you a highly motivated, independent, self-starter with a sharp eye for detail? Then come join the growing team at BARK as a Senior Information Technology (IT) Auditor. The ideal candidate has proven experience in testing & evaluating Information Technology General Computing (ITGC) controls & performing and/or leading operational audits over financial & operational systems & processes.
- Design & test operating effectiveness testing of key SOX ITGCs
- Communicate findings to various business leaders (including external auditors)
- Participate in the annual ERM Assessment
- Perform and/or lead financial, operational, SOX and/or other compliance audits
- Identify systems, business, & process improvement opportunities
- Assist in special projects & investigations
- 3+ years IT, or a combination of, audit experience
- Public accounting or consulting experience is preferred, but not required
- System implementation experience is a plus
- A strong understanding of financial, operational, & ITGC risks
- E-commerce/consumer product experience highly preferred
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field
- CISA, CISSP, CISM, and/or CPA Certification
- Strong understanding of audit planning techniques & methods used to review & evaluate information systems, APIs, & data
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify issues & connect the dots across multiple areas
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage confidently & assuredly with stakeholders across the organization.
This position is a full-time position. It is located on-site in in any of our BARK offices as well as open to remote. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.