ABOUT RENT THE RUNWAY
Recently named #9 on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors & built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable & high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. Weve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - & we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build & scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This is one of the critical leadership roles at RTR, a data-driven company that is changing the way women get dressed. In this role, you will manage all consumer facing product management & teams across the business - web, mobile, retail, community, recommendations, personalization, research & more. You should possess the rare combination of visionary product insight, extensive leadership & business skills, & technical expertise across product management & design. You will be expected to build & manage a world-class team across product management, design, & user experience, & to partner with C-level executives & the rest of senior leadership to shape & support our product strategy & roadmap.
- Lead & define the digital product vision & strategy across web, mobile & retail, managing the product roadmap to deliver outstanding customer experiences.
- Define & execute on the vision that transforms the experience from transactional to a platform that the user engages with daily, both online & offline. Help leverage RTRs community to drive strategies across customer engagement & improve customer experience.
- Align the product, design, & engineering teams to improve cross-functional collaboration & communication.
- Drive innovation to amplify personalization of product experience for all customers.
- Hire, develop & retain a world class Product & Design team. Help grow the organization at a pace commensurate with Rent the Runways growth.
- Work closely with the technology organization & communicate effectively with leadership throughout the company.
- Be an assertive voice & active participant in strategic discussions about company strategy & roadmap. Dont be afraid to share your opinions & challenge ideas.
- Lead with a Hands-On, creative mentality.
- Embody & represent Rent the Runways culture & values when interfacing both internally & externally. Be a role model for the organization.
- Bachelors & a minimum of 8+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Track record of success managing a leading consumer product organization.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage both quantitative & qualitative data to draw insights.
- Experience in a high-growth startup, or at least in a hyper-growth, fast-paced environment.
- Eager to roll up your sleeves & dig into any problem in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Experience in a subscription business is a plus.
- Wide & relevant network in the tech industry.
- Demonstrated experience managing large-scale, aggressive & dynamic technical projects competing with resources & priorities.
- An organizational leader & team builder. Must know how to mentor & develop teams & attract smart, relentless talent.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES & VALUES
- Highly Analytical & data-driven; passionate about leveraging & understanding data to drive decision making.
- Polished yet a scrappy, entrepreneurial, self-starter who can manage multiple projects simultaneously & drive them to completion effectively. Ready for the demands of a high energy, fast-paced company environment.
- Creative thinker who can come up with innovative & effective ways to ensure all goals are met.
- Strong leader who can command respect internally & externally & build a high-performing team.
- Strong strategic thinking skills, as well as exceptionally strong communication skills.
- High impact personality; highly energetic & enthusiastic; unpretentious; hands on operations style & approach.