Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Operations Analyst to join our Insurance Operations team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
As an Operations Analyst at Oscar, you will be a contributor in helping us build a solid operational foundation across the organization. You will help implement vendor solutions to expedite our growth. You will also assess & implement continuous improvement plans to make our processes more efficient. Additionally, we will look for you to help us improve our data & analytics capabilities, such as creating centralized productivity & savings dashboards.
You will report into the Operations Manager.
- Setup SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol) connectivity & daily submission jobs between Oscar & vendors
- Support project manager to ensure milestones are delivered on time & risks are escalated to appropriate parties
- Support creation & maintenance of payment policies
- Have an excellent grasp of the claims system & overall workflow
- Become well-acquainted with internal tools & technical processes, & develop insights into improvement opportunities
- Become an in-house expert on all claims-related matters required to resolve payment integrity cases & provide escalation support to the claims processing team
- Take ownership of monitoring, tracking, & statusing the health of our inventory (including development of dashboards & defect monitoring/maintenance)
- Support your team lead or manager by guiding decisions & implementation on an ongoing basis
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of related work experience in healthcare, analytics, or operations
- Project Management experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications & data visualization tools (e.g. Periscope & Tableau)
- Experience with system implementations
- Exposure to payment integrity & payment policy optimization
- Exposure to SQL, Python, or similar database languages
- Management Consulting
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.