Unata in a nutshellLook at us! Were in a nutshell!
Unata is on a mission to build the grocery shopping experience of the future. Our white label platform powers the digital customer experience for some of North Americas most well-respected grocers, & we dont plan on stopping here. We were acquired by Instacart in 2018 so that we could take over the grocery world with the most comprehensive, innovative digital grocery solution in the market. Unata operates as a independent subsidiary headquartered in Toronto, Canada.
Were a group of people with a strong moral compass, & with bright ideas who actively collaborate with one another to achieve goals as a team. Were a passionate bunch who want to create something that has never been done before.
Our pieces of flare
- Canada's (#2) Best Place to Work (SMB, 2017).
- Canada's 11th, & North America's 52nd Fastest Growing Tech Company (PROFIT 500),
- Canada's 50 fastest growing companies
- Canada's top 20 most innovative companies.
Our Data Analyst will
Contribute to the development of our analytics engine & also perform analysis that will have a direct & measurable impact on business decisions. Analytics within Unata is a unique team encompassing data engineering, software development, research & business intelligence. You will join a small but agile team that will become the data hub for internal & external stakeholders.
We value Data Analysts who have the following
- Have a technical & business intelligence background
- Have experience with SQL & working with unstructured data
- Have experience with Python (or similar programming languages)
- Are able to present findings of technical analysis to non-technical individuals
- Have experience in reporting & business intelligence
- Have degrees in Statistics, Economics, Engineering & Computer Science
- You have experience in retail analytics
- Are experienced with technologies such as SQLAlchemy, Snowflake, ElasticSearch, Hadoop & Spark
- Have previously been involved in Software Development
- Strong statistical analysis (w/ MatLab or R) experience
What this opportunity has to offer for you
- Shape business decisions by performing research, analytics & statistical analysis on various metrics/business cases.
- Work side by side with engineering, operations & senior leadership as a key stakeholder in multiple projects.
- Provide valuable insights using data to drive business decisions.
- Build an analytics engine that will be used by all of Unatas clients.
- A dedicated team filled with people that want to make an impact this aint no another-day-another-dollar gig!
- A working environment where your opinions are valued
- A place within a company that appreciates learning new technologies & implementing them when they make sense
- Time to attend various developer conferences, like PyCon, where members of our Team are regularly selected to present
Want to join a talented team of people changing the way the world grocery shops?
Unata is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse team representative of the city we live in, & the people who use our product everyday. We believe that the best solutions are the ones created from a variety perspectives & that experience comes in many forms. If you are reading this posting & thinking 'I could do that!', we strongly encourage you to apply (i.e. exact experience not required).
Apply today with a copy of your resume, & let us know why you're a great fit for the position! Visit www.unata.com/careers/. To learn more about our parent, please visit www.instacart.com.