**We are NYC based but remote friendly!**
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. Almost a decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
We are looking for a B2B Senior Content Marketing Manager to join our growing marketing team & assist in the growth of Codecademy for Business through content that helps us reach teams & organizations seeking technical training. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Content Marketing, youll be embedded on our B2B Marketing Team to create content designed to reach prospective customers & nurture them through the buying process.
Were building out our B2B content program from the ground up & are looking for a creative B2B storyteller thats excited about making an immediate impact. In this role, youll be responsible for a mix of content writing & project management mapping content to target personas & working with internal resources, freelancers, & agencies to produce a variety of content types including white papers, one-pagers, infographics, case studies, market reports, & other B2B content.
This role will require a blend of analytical thinking & creativity. You not only enjoy telling engaging stories, but you have an innate ability to understand what messages will resonate with audiences at different stages of their journey & why. You get just as excited about providing value to readers (and viewers) as you do about seeing the MQLs roll in!
WHAT YOULL DO:
- This role is equal parts strategy & execution. Youll be embedded within our B2B Marketing Team building a content strategy & leading the execution of it.
- Lead the entire end-to-end production of a variety of types of content including blog posts, white papers, one-pagers, case studies, sales collateral, & thought leadership pieces.
- Manage external freelance resources & collaborate with internal content & creative teams on the execution of content pieces.
- Work with Business & Product Marketing Teams to understand the Codecademy for Business customer & create content that speaks directly to their needs.
- Explain the benefits of learning technical skills in a way that resonates with those without technical knowledge or backgrounds.
- Coordinate with Business & Marketing teams to ensure that content represents the Codecademy brand & supports our business objectives.
- Monitor the performance of the content you create & optimize accordingly.
WHAT YOULL NEED:
- At least 5 years of content marketing or journalism experience
- Excellent writing & editing skills in English
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Prior experience creating B2B content
- Experience writing about technical topics in a way thats clear & easy to understand
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills, & an ability to work cross-functionally with a variety of partners
- Empathy for the customer. You can put yourself in the readers shoes & create content that will provide value
- Experience working directly with a CMS, such as Wordpress or Contentful
- Exceptionally organized with excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding communication & collaboration
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT:
- Experience with keyword research
- Experience creating content for lead nurture programs
- Experience creating white papers, one-pagers, infographics, case studies, market reports, & other B2B content
- Familiarity with the Codecademy platform
- Experience writing about topics related to data science, web development, & computer science
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT 3-5 WRITING SAMPLES IN ORDER FOR THEIR APPLICATIONS TO BE REVIEWED.
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.