About this Role
Are you an experienced AWS engineer who is ready to focus on & expend the knowledge around Big Data?
Would you love to be in charge of maintaining the data warehouse for a top media website in the entertainment world with hundreds of millions of users, billions of page views & hundreds of billions of events?
As a member of our Data Engineering team, you will support, enhance, & maintain our current Data Warehouse & ETL infrastructure.
- Experienced in maintaining & troubleshooting the AWS stack (e.g. EMR, IAM, VPC, Lambda, CloudWatch, Athena, Redshift, EC2)
- Skilled at managing the Hadoop infrastructure
- Knowledgeable in BigData processing technologies (Spark, Hive, Flink, Hue)
- Knowledgeable in containerisation technologies (Docker)
- Experienced with Infrastructure as a code solutions (Terraform)
- Capable of coding in one of modern programming languages
Bonus Points if You Have...
- Experienced with Python/Java
- Familiar with AirFlow
- Experienced in K8S solutions
- Passionate about growing your expertise in the following areas:
- Data Pipelines
- Data Warehousing
- Metrics Development
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Training based on business needs
- Flexible working hours
- Open, energetic & fan-focused, international work environment
- Miscellaneous perks such as wellness programs, swag, etc.
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, Fandom provides a home to explore, contribute to, & celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or whats buzzing in entertainment, Fandom has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge & carefully curated & fun, original multi-platform content.
Fandom has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly unique users & encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video. Here are our Fandom values:
- We serve a global community.
Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & its grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
We imagine, improve, & deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, & the work we do.
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer